Used 2010 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Most Helpful|
Thought it would be better
By kbrown07

2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I downsized from a f150 4x4 5.7l v8 to my jeep liberty. Believe it or not... I was getting better fuel mileage in my truck... I am not impressed with the Jeep Liberty at all and if I could go back I would. I have had it for 10 months and feel it was the worst decision I have ever made. I highly regret not researching this vehicle before buying it. It looks very good, but it is not at all. Wish someone would steal it so I can get my truck back.... That is how much I honestly hate it. ive worked at a car lot and I know a lot about cars guess I just jumped the gun on this one bc the price sounded nice. I guess that is what I get, should have known better.

Favorite Features

The outside is very nice and attractive thats it.

Suggested Improvements

Stop making them unless the mpg and driveability is going to improve.

2010 JEEP LIBERTY
By STAN

2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Jeep libert new, off of the show room floor. I have a 2005 Rocky mt eduction with 40k miles and had no problems with it. So when my wife wanted a suv we choose another liberty. The engine light keeps coming on for a thermostat problem the dealer reset it and said they don't know why it came on. It came on the next day again. They reset it again. That night the light came on again, my wife called again so we are off to Jeep again, maybe they will look it this time and try to fix it, not just clear the fault. Her gas mileage is terrible. It is so bad she got under the truck and checked for a gas leak.

Favorite Features

the looks the four wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

15 mpg on the highway it could be a lot better. Ford escape has much better fuel mileage they use a 6 speed auto tranny.

Hate It
By Hate It

2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep and because of all the headaches of this one, I can't say I ever want to buy another one again! The gears give me problems, the clock is constantly losing time (although it's been repaired), the driver's floor vents are directed at the wall and not at my feet, and the list goes on! I'm now dealing with Corporate to get the car off my hands because I absolutely hate it!

Bailout Buggy
By FlyingElvis

2010 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Two months old and it's been in the shop five times and is still broken. I had reservations about buying this government bailout buggy; now i realize my mistake. This will be the last Chrysler product I ever purchase. That being said, the Liberty is one of the last few real SUV type vehicles being made. At least it's not a car with a lift kit as are most SUVs today. I see myself enjoying the vehicle more once (or if) it's ever fixed correctly.

Favorite Features

A real 4x4 system. Squared off, vertical styling.

Suggested Improvements

Firing the union goons and hiring some workers that actually care about and have pride in what they are assembling. The build quality is awful.

The Worst Car Ever
By libertydisappoint

2010 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car 2 months ago. It's been in the shop 5 times already. The heat stops working every time. Customer service is terrible. Corporate is unavailable. The car was a waste of money. Daimler Chrysler will not do anything for me. They should take the car back because that is the right thing to do. Daimler Chrysler said that they wouldn't. This car is unsafe and unreliable. Nobody should purchase one if they don't want the burden of a really bad headache.

Suggested Improvements

Better customer service on both ends, dealership and corporate. This is a company that does not care about their customers, they are only looking to sell cars.