2009 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Nitro Killer

2009 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Review

Nitro Killer
By SaintTaz on

2009 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I walked into a local dealership intent on purchasing an '08 Dodge Nitro. However, after the test drive, I found it very cheap feeling, loud, and didn't feel the price matched the product. So on the way home, we swung into the Jeep dealership and I got a look at the new Liberty. I hadn't even considered it based on previous models looking like something only a teenage girl or soccer mom could love. But looking at the '09 I couldn't believe how similar it and the Nitro seemed. And after driving it, I fell in love. It feels solid on the road, the interior is much more refined, and you get a sense of quality and reliability not found in the Nitro. And uConnect is GREAT. Test drive one.

Favorite Features

exterior design, uConnect, ride height, fold-down front passenger seat, storage compartment under cargo floor.

Suggested Improvements

Not crazy about the gauge/speedometer cluster, and heat/cooling controls, seems very out of date for an '09 when you see all the fully digital displays coming out. More storage areas in front. Trailer hitch standard. Roof rails standard.