Used 2009 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

A manly SUV
By mark

2009 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was able to find a Limited 4WD with great end of the year incentives. I saved thousands and feel I got a great price for a reliable and quite handsome vehicle. I like the rugged looks of this vehicle as well as all of the amenities that come with the Limited package. It rides nice, is quite comfortable and looks so good! I only have two complaints: First, a very short dashboard. There's no room for paperwork, food, etc. A major complaint is the gas mileage. I know that this is an SUV, but 13mpg in the city and 17mpg on the hwy is pathetic. This is a midsize SUV. I don't beat on this car. I'm not fast on the accelerator and I even upgraded to synthetic oil at 3000 miles.

Love the heated leather seats and lumbar support. Having all of the radio and personal settings available on the steering column is quite nice as well.

Gas mileage definitely needs improvement. An SUV this size should be getting 23-25 mpg hwy.

Fed Up and frustrated
By Joy

2009 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Seven months after I Purchased my Jeep Liberty Limited, I started and could not get out of park. The wipers kept going and would not turn off, no lights and nothing on the dash worked.Anyhow I had it towed to the dealer who couldn't pin point the actual problem. I got it back five days after. Now the problem reoccurred for the second time, had to get it towed because I'm stuck in P again and again they cant pinpoint the problem. I'm afraid to drive it and I am ready to get rid of it. I really liked the Jeep and my other concern is that I still cant find a comfortable seat position to drive. When I use the 4wd on R it wouldn't go anywhere. I wondering if this is an isolated case

Need to improve on drivers seat

it's ok
By it`s o`k

2009 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nice looking, easy to drive. Have squeaking noise from brakes every time I stop very annoying. Brought it to garage and brakes are good. But it will not stop squeaking. Gas not the greatest. Head light not bright enough at night. Feel like it wants to slid all the time on wet roads. Makes me very nerves. Use to drive a Blazer and felt a lot more safer.

Clean looks good and the price was ok. And has life time warranty. Sunroof is good.

Light at night, saving on gas. Better tires.

Great Jeep!
By adamgreig3415

2009 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 2nd Jeep, unfortunately our last Jeep was totaled so this was a replacement, and i love it, the door panel is a little sub-par, but it is a champ in the snow! The tight steering is also a plus. I have never taken it off road, but I love the safety of an SUV. The only problem is there is a low tire warning and there aren't any low tires, there may be a problem with the computer. I love the seat cloth, its not like your typical crappy velvet, it is stain resistant, so cloth seats is not a big deal anymore!

Comfortable seats, satellite radio, tight steering, and the stain repel seats

better quality interior, less plastic, leather wrapped steering wheel

Very Noisy and Bouncy
By RJ

2009 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had it for 3 months. Found it to be too bouncy and noisy, especially when I go over 60mph. Engine sounds like a sewing machine when idling. Interior is very nice.Good quality. At 1500 miles, I'm ready to trade it in. Bought it to replace a Nissan Murrano but it is no match for the Murano - gonna look for a new ride.

skylite, pop up rear hatch

make it quieter and less bouncy