2009 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: 1st time Jeep

2009 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

1st time Jeep
By Car Buy Guy on

2009 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first American car after many years of driving foreign. I feel very fortunate to have purchased a new vehicle during such hard times and decided to give the American car companies another chance. This is my first Jeep and so far I pretty impressed. Quality and workmanship have definitely improved but the amount of product has lessened. Metal and materials have taken a back seat to technology. One of the reasons I chose Jeep was for safety. A full frame,rear wheel drive,and superb styling brought some of the important basics back to an industry that has become "boring". Looking at other SUV's, they all looked and drove the same until I met Jeep. It's a buy recommendation for me..

Styling, functionality, and cost. Rocky Mountain addition set it apart from others. Sound system with Sirius is great

Smoother shifting transmission with an overdrive that doesn't struggle so much. Roof rack should come with cross member supports. Have been trying to purchase them since new without any luck. No dealer has them in stock.