Third Jeep
By Joe on
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
I like the performance overall, but acceleration from a stop is sluggish. Also lacks 'oomph' passing on upgrades. I do like the 6-spd manual. I like the looks inside and out (vast improvement over 2003-2007). I hate the instrument panel and controls. Those little lights are difficult to see in bright sun. The radio controls are complicated and poorly positioned, including the 'Set' button next to the first station button. Station buttons don't always work correctly. I hate that "Change Oil" message that's based on time and mileage and unrelated to actual oil changes. The vehicle seems rugged enough, but the springs squeak, even when you just get in or out.
Favorite Features
I like the looks (nicer than the Dodge Nitro), 6-spd manual transmission, ground clearance, seats (comfort and fold-down capabilities), and the return to a more masculine design.
Suggested Improvements
Try an AC control I can turn to 'on' instead of pushing the temp knob and getting an indicator light I can't see. Need a full overhead console with compass and storage for glasses. Need more power under the hood. Gas mileage is as advertised, but I'd sacrifice 2 mpg for a bit more pep.