The worst vehicle I have ever seen, bar none.
By sal42 on
2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
We bought it new in 2008 and it was the worse mistake my family ever made on cars, EVER. On the test drive the dashboard was literally coming out and you could see the wires and tubing under the dash. I pleaded with my father to not buy it, yet he was swayed by the exterior styling. During 3 years of horror (aka vehicle ownership), 3 of the window motors broke leaving the windows stuck in place, the plastics/materials are horrendous and the dashboard popped out twice. Besides that the seats were the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in, like sitting on concrete!!!!! The car is crampt, and the MPG figures are A LIE!!! The car barely got 10 MPG in the city, and maybe 16 or so freeway.
Favorite Features
Although it was by far and away a total junk and a perfect example of why Chrysler went bankrupt, it actually could turn on a dime. Don't ask me why the turning radius was so good and nothing else, but it could make U-turns like nothing!
Suggested Improvements
They should have never built this car, it really is that poorly designed and built. It really shows you why Chrysler went bankrupt. When you see cars this bad you feel like crying. If parts pop out on the test drive on a brand new car, you know it's bad. MPG figures given are a lie, the real MPG for the 3.7L 2WD is about 10 city/16 freeway, and that is no exaggeration. The car is a GAS HOG!!!!! And it's not a very big vehicle either, just goes to show you how Chrysler can't design an efficient and powerful engine if their lives depended on it. In general all Chrysler engines from that era were gas hogs and underperformed for their displacement. Dismal engineering.
By babygirl951
on 08/28/14 04:51 AM (PDT)

2008 JEEP LIBERTY FROM HELL!!!!!! I bought a 2008 Jeep Liberty SUV for $25k. in cash within 4 day my Sky Slider when off track so I bought it back to Goldstein I called about my jeep few days later, now I am getting the running around for about 23 days and my jeep was not fix so I calls Chrysler they was giving me the run around too. I get my jeep back in 26 days mine you I just bought this jeep in 2008. I have bought this jeep back to goldstein 6 times for the same problems the Sky Slider, I took it back this time again Aug. 24, 2014 because of the motor and the cable broke on the sky slider again I was told they will not fix it and also Chrysler refuse to fix it, when I got my jeep back not being fix who ever try to pull back the sky slider left all there finger print grease all over the top on the sky slider what a mess in my jeep not cleaning off the grease. Goldstein wants me to pay them $2,000 to fix this on going problem with the sky slider since I bought this 2008 jeep liberty it has been a nightmare from hell. If any one else is having problems with there sky slider please write so all the 2008 jeep liberty can be RECALL on.