2008 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Sky Slider

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Review

Sky Slider
By Lisa on

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

In general, I LOVE my Jeep the one thing I don't like is the Sky Slider. I wish I had just over looked it. Starting about 2 weeks after I got the Jeep, I found the highway wind noise to be unbearable. After 3 dealerships and 4 months, I found some guys that noticed that the weather striping had come up and they replaced it. That has helped the noise a ton but it is still pretty undesirable on the highway. No matter the weather, it seems like roof is just not well designed at all. The cross bars in the sky slider buckle with any amount of wind and sometimes if I attempt to close it while I am driving (even at 30 mph) I am scared the whole thing is just going to fly off.

Love the MYGIG system, comfort, style, reliability.

Obviously, fix the wind noise and Sky Slider. It makes me want to return the Jeep and buy something else. I would suggest that everyone with similar problems reports them to Jeep as often and as much as possible. I am praying for a recall that will fix what I was assured would never happen.