Second Liberty
By Rick M on
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
I work in broadcast engineering, and need a vehicle to go offroad on some very rugged roads. This is my second Jeep Liberty and is replacing a 2004 Liberty Sport. The 2008 has a lot more passenger and cargo room. It's ride is a lot smoother and quieter, both on and off road. The radio is a drastic improvement over my 2004 Liberty. I'm not sure why Edmunds and other reviewers keep comparing the Liberty to a RAV 4 or Ford Escape. The Liberty has no competition in it's class. The 2008 Liberty Sport comes with a lot of features that were only available as options on the previous year's Limited models. Temp guages, Compass, Tire Pressure Monitoring, Side Air Bags, ABS Brakes, etc
Favorite Features
Interior cargo and passenger room. The ride is very quiet, compared to previous Libertys. The radio, including RDS display and an Aux input jack for Ipod, Zune, or other MPEG player. My Zune sounds great through the Liberty speakers.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel mileage, but hey, it's a Jeep, and it's about what I expected for a true 4X4. Headlights leave a lot to be desired, especially on high beams. Low beams with fog lamps are great, but high beam just doesn't get it. Maybe different bulbs will help.