2008 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Rugged Class

2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Rugged Class
By M. Doty on

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My girls are growing up, and my 2005 TJ, (Wrangler), was no longer fun to ride in. We tried the Wrangler unlimited 4 door, but they still weren't pleased. Before leaving to explore other options, the salesman suggested the Liberty with a Sky Slider. "Wow" from them, my wife and me! We ordered one with options I need/want, and have had it for two weeks. We've been up and down mountain trails, Sky Slider open to the stars, music roaring, and some highway driving that suggests professional reviewers were predisposed against the Liberty. Comfortable & cool, powerful & sure footed, a Jeep in every regard; I almost can't wait for snow!

Favorite Features

The styling is much more Jeep-like, the seating comfort is right up there, & with the memory seating, cool too! We're very happy with the sound system and satellite radio, and the u-connect is much more friendly than my Motorola blue-tooth. In the woods and on the trail in 4WD, OUTSTANDING!

Suggested Improvements

Previous reviews advocate better fuel economy, and better transmission; yeah, a good idea. I would also advocate for the trailer tow button to be placed strategically on the shift knob; some of my highway driving is mountainous, and slipping it into the "tow" mode, downshifting, has helped!