made in Toledo Ohio
By Rob on
2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
Jeep is a great make. This is my fourth; had '94 and '96 Cherokees and a '98 Grand. My 2008 Ltd Liberty is the best. Driving position is excellent. Interior/exterior design is superb. Daily commute mpg is 19-20 mpg. Steering was a bit over-responsive at first, but I like it after 2000 miles. Get the cargo area plastic tray from Mopar; fits perfectly and it can be easily removed to shake out dirt/mulch. Braking is sure and even. Outside mirrors are overlarge - great for backing-up. Recommend the sun-roof, no problems with leaking in car washes. Sound system is best I ever owned. Get inferno-red, looks great! Transmission can be a bit growly when accelerating uphill, must be the gearing.
Favorite Features
It's a Jeep thing - I am 56 and its been a very long time since I looked forward to commuting. Yeah I know that there are better mpg, but if I ever need to get the heck out of Dodge because of a hurricane or earthquake, I'd rather trust my Jeep than some glitzy foreign SUV.
Suggested Improvements
Get Car and Driver magazine to re-review the Liberty. They hated this great vehicle and I never considered buying it until I test-drove it. Sometimes I wonder if those writers understand Jeeps. Its not all about mpg, style and comfort, its about getting there and back when it ain't on the map.