Its a Jeep thing: Most don't understand
By motordude on
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
First of all, this is the best vehicle I have owned and my 7th Jeep. Some vehicles just "fit" and some don't. This really fits well. The engineers did well with seat comfort, equalizing armrest height and control placement to make for a great experience. The best news: It looks like a Jeep, it drives like a Jeep and it feels like a Jeep, not a Lexus and fortunately not Toyota. I love the Skyslider, mine is quiet because they performed the TSB and installed a new bow. The ESP is amazing. I live in snow country in western New York and I rarely use the 4WD since ESP and all-speed traction control are so effective. I hope the Jeep brand and feel aren't diluted in the future.
Favorite Features
ESP, All speed traction control, SkySlider full-open roof, Seat Comfort, Control placement, Rugged feel. Reliability (I have had 7 Jeeps and have only had normal maintenance, not even a check engine light in any)
Suggested Improvements
Change the name back to Cherokee as this is much tougher looking than the old Liberty. Mopar needs more accessories. They don't have nearly as many as they once did. Sliding, not just reclining rear seats. Steering wheel audio control on Sport optional like old model. 8 way power pass. seat