I love my Jeep but there are a few character flaws
By drivenlp on
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
I actually built my Liberty up with a 3 inch lift kit, skid plates etc. and I believe it improved the exterior stance of the vehicle. Jeeps can get through anything (with the right tires, I highly recommend the BFGoodrich All Terrains) The interior is comfortable and there is A LOT of neat storage spaces, fold flat seats including the passenger seat. I have not had one mechanical problem. Very tight turning radius. What I dont like: I bought the skyslider and it is awesome for going to the beach etc, but it leaks water into my headliner which is now stained and starting to smell. Also this causes quite a bit of wind noise. I believe they fixed in 2009 a bit.
Favorite Features
-Well thought out interior storage spaces. -4 wheel drive is unparalleled. -tight turning radius makes off roading and parking lot maneuvering a breeze!
Suggested Improvements
Sky Slider roof was rushed to market. I love the feature but practicality for everyday does not work. I have had several people look at it, as well as numerous tests on it, and no one can tell where it is leaking into my headliner from. My entire headliner is now water-stained and if left in the sun it begins to smell musty. Wind noise at 70+ gets quite loud and whistles. (again the skyslider).