2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Great Rebuild
By jeeper on 06/05/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great SUV. I have had this for a little over a month and decided to get the SUV despite the gas prices because every time I started looking at another car I would always come back to this one. The gas mileage isn't really that bad, get about 18-19 on avg. This vehicle is so much fun to drive. Instead of dodging potholes, I am aiming for them because the tight suspension takes large potholes with ease. Very comfortable seats and love how much higher i sit. I really liked the old liberties too, but this one is so much improved from the last one. A must have!

Great Ride
By TonyC on 06/02/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Very impressed with ride.Good visibility. Still running on our 1st free tank of gas. Mileage seems to be OK so far.Purchased 08 black rwd ltd with all the bells & whistles.We looked at all comp vehicles,nothing could touch the Liberty. Glad Jeep brought back the old Jeep line.

New OL's Jeep
By oldmac1 on 05/31/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Traded the OL's JGC in for improved economy on gas mileage on another Jeep. Liked the Patriot but once we drove the Liberty 100" we knew this was it. This is our 7th Jeep and is ideal for the OL car as she sits high and is in a sturdy vehicle so she feels safe.

Confused Liberty Owner
By Tom Vander Woude on 05/30/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Drove all mid-sized SUVs reported to be the best in class, Highlander, Outlander, CR-V, saw ads about lifetime warranty for Jeep products and decided to test drive the Liberty, could not believe how the Liberty handled, read Consumer Report review and was confused if they drove the same Liberty I did, have tried to find a good review on the Liberty with no luck, vehicle may lack refinement the others have but considering incentives and warranty this was a easy decision.

Everything is great except the engine
By aftershock973 on 05/20/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Liberty Sport now for about 3 months. I was first drawn to its rugged good looks and 4x4 reputation. I have to say it the interior is extremely comfortable and the seats are very supportive. Acceleration from a stop is very good, but highway passing... forget it. The V6 feels so sluggish that you have to jam your foot on the gas pedal to get the transmission to downshift into 3rd gear. Everything on this Jeep is great, but they should have revamped the engine and transmission instead of using the version from the old Liberty.

Very Happy with it, love the Sky Slider
By Dave on 05/18/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's a Jeep, so fuel economy is not going to be good by any means. But the performance and capabilities make up for it. We bought a Sport model with the Sky Slider which performs flawlessly. We love it and couldn't be happier with our decision to trade in an '06 V6 Commander for this one. Some reviews claim that it lacks a bit of power. Maybe it does, but to me it's got plenty of juice. Think about it, it is the same engine they put on the V6 commander but having to handle over 1200 lbs less. In my opinion the engine moves it pretty good. It takes time to get used to the 4 speed tranny instead of 5 on the commander so you will have to press the pedal deeper on hwy driving to pass. Very happy.

There is only one Jeep!
By RC on 05/15/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep Liberty and bar far the best one. Much smoother handling and ride. Seats are more comfortable. They fixed everything hated about my last jeep. I would buy another and at 19 miles to the gallon for an SUV I'm not complaining.

Great suv
By love my liberty on 05/15/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I was reading the consumer report article on the Jeep and was thrown back. They give some good feedback on performance but are off on comfort. I'm 6'1 220 lbs and have plenty of room in the front, and when I take people for a drive, they all tell me they love the comfort and the ride of my jeep. Many people who have sene or have ridden in my jeep are looking to buy one, because they love the way it looks and drives. The only down side would be the engine. For example, my father a bought the new Lincoln MKX, where it has a larger engine, but consumes less gas. I think jeep needs to redesign the engine to get better gas mileage. Overall, I think this car is a big change from the last car.

2X Jeep Owner
By Julie on 05/13/08 03:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far an excellent ride. My previous vehicle was also a Liberty and what a difference. The 08 Liberty has much more room and also sits higher. It's a more stable, smooth ride and handles well in the snow even when it's not in 4X4. The rear and front seat fold flat. The previous Liberty did not and also the front seats had to be pushed all the way forward in order for the seats to fold down. That is not the case with the 08 Liberty.

1000 miles and climbing
By Jeep'in on 05/12/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second jeep liberty. First was 05 Liberty Diesel. The best way I can describe the difference is that in 08 they have taken the "Jeep" out of this model. It is completely different. It rides more car like and tracts on the highway much better. The ride is smooth and quiet! This makes for more comfort, but it is at the expense of less feed back when 4 wheeling off the road. I use mine for both 1 - 2 hour trips and then short drives off road on almost a daily basis. This model fines a fair balance between on road and off road. So far gas mileage has been a little better than expected. 18 average and as high as 24 on the highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.