2008 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Great Car for the Money
By mitch on 07/16/08 12:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove the Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe, Suzuki XL7, and Subaru Forester before I bought my Jeep Liberty. For the money, it was by far the best deal. I went to a Chrysler/Dodge dealership to check out the Dodge Journey, saw the Jeep in the showroom, and it was love at first sight. I didn't even bother to drive the Journey.

Rugged Class
By M. Doty on 07/09/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My girls are growing up, and my 2005 TJ, (Wrangler), was no longer fun to ride in. We tried the Wrangler unlimited 4 door, but they still weren't pleased. Before leaving to explore other options, the salesman suggested the Liberty with a Sky Slider. "Wow" from them, my wife and me! We ordered one with options I need/want, and have had it for two weeks. We've been up and down mountain trails, Sky Slider open to the stars, music roaring, and some highway driving that suggests professional reviewers were predisposed against the Liberty. Comfortable & cool, powerful & sure footed, a Jeep in every regard; I almost can't wait for snow!

Liberty 2.0
By Walt on 07/08/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is our second Liberty. Our 1st was a first year 2002. I noticed that the interior did feel like a step down from last gen. The ride is smoother but it feels a little slower on the on the freeway on ramp. I got another Liberty for the 5000 pound tow limit. We do pull a coleman camper with it, and needed that option. I do like it overall and feel and it fits my towing needs better that the rest of the cute ute crowd. My wife loves the Skyslider roof. Its what sold her on the new jeep.

Jeep Liberty Limited 2008
By tony on 07/02/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven nothing but a Jeep for the last 15 years, and this Liberty Limited is my favorite. I've previously had the Sport models. The new Liberty has the comfort, room and style that I've wanted without having to spend $40k on the Grand Cherokee. My wife hated my Jeeps, but really likes this one. She loves that it doesn't ride like a truck, as she says. I've been getting about 20 miles to the gal.

08 Liberty is purely awesome
By tgreenjr23 on 07/01/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got this new Jeep about 7 months ago and It is the best car I've ever ridden in, driven, and owned. It is the most comfortable ride of any car I've had. My dad's BMW doesn't even drive as well as the Jeep. It could be a bit more powerful. The manual transmission that happens to be $850 less than the auto solves the problem of fuel efficiency. The new Jeep styling has made a huge impression not just on me but on all my friends. There is a lot of room for a mid-sized SUV. The car's price, fair reliability, ease of driving, and small turning radius make it a great car for beginner drivers. And parents don't worry about safety, this car is a tank. buy this car and you won't be disappointed.

What's with Consumer Reports Magazine
By stm on 06/28/08 08:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We love this car. It handles great, easy to park and has a comfortable ride. We don't understand the negatives given by Consumer Reports Magazine. Only two things they wrote fit with our experiences driving this car. We have owned other Jeeps and this is our favorite.

Get One!
By Love it! on 06/20/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Got this for the Sky slider roof (trading in a Miata because I needed more space). Now I have a "convertible SUV" with all the space and comfort I need. Even my 74 year old dad says that it rides beautifully! Highly recommend!

A good buy
By Jeep Owner on 06/17/08 16:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2008 Liberty for over 3 months now. Consumer Reports does no justice for the Jeep. The ride is great, smooth and comfortable. Interior is well fit together. This Jeep is great for traveling, camping and just getting around. Gas mileage could be better. Sticker range is 16- 22 but I get 18-24. Consumer Reports also says that the engine is week and difficult to pass on the open road. Found that NOT to be true at all. I'd recommend this over most in it's class.

It is a truck afterall!
By John V on 06/10/08 07:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

All the "experts" like KBB, Edmunds, Cars.com etc keep trying to compare the Liberty to the RAV4, CR-V and Outlander among others. It's a truck not a car. This is my 3rd Liberty and by far the best. Great, comfortable ride; features and safety equipment found only on more expensive SUVs. One knows going in that the mileage is not the greatest because it's a Jeep thing.

Great Rebuild
By jeeper on 06/05/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great SUV. I have had this for a little over a month and decided to get the SUV despite the gas prices because every time I started looking at another car I would always come back to this one. The gas mileage isn't really that bad, get about 18-19 on avg. This vehicle is so much fun to drive. Instead of dodging potholes, I am aiming for them because the tight suspension takes large potholes with ease. Very comfortable seats and love how much higher i sit. I really liked the old liberties too, but this one is so much improved from the last one. A must have!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.