2008 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Copper Canyon
By C571 on 08/31/08 22:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I just returned from a 1800 mile trip in to Mexico which included the copper canyon. We were impressed with the comfort of the ride and seats and how quiet it was. But most of all it's off road ability. We drove almost 100 miles round trip in and out of the canyon, all dirt with steep descents and inclines and in places mud. The hill descent control worked great, and the tight turning radius was great. 15k miles and no problems.

Excellent 4wd SUV!
By wasabi on 08/30/08 07:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Jeep Liberty. Every one that I have owned have run excellently, very reliable and safe. Never had any issues. I've had my 08 Liberty Limited for only 4 months. Last week a woman ran a red light at 45 miles/hr and hit the front driver's side of me. My airbags (front & side curtain) went off and they saved me from very serious injury. The Jeep is a total loss, but I can tell you it did excellently in the accident. I feel very safe with the Liberty's. I am in the process of buying another one as I type this! Highly recommended to anyone looking for a safe and reliable 4wd SUV.

Stable, Stable, Stable
By Satisfied Susie on 08/10/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best handling car in the snow I have ever driven. I travel some very steep roads every day and my Liberty is a real pleasure to drive.

Love it!
By cyclone2164 on 08/08/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife & I just returned an 06 Pacific and picked up a black Liberty Sport w/ the Sky-Slider roof. I have an 06 Liberty and the difference is incredible! The ride is much more car- like and the interior is a bit a lot more comfortable. Love the interior spare tire too and the cargo compartment under the read deck. My wife has been driving it now for the past few days and she's had the roof open every time that I've seen her. For the extra $1200, get the sky- Slider!

Throttle malfunction dilemma
By starkeeper on 08/07/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Leased this vehicle in January 2008. Have had 2 episodes of "throttle malfunction" where accelerator pedal sticks to the floor and vehicle speeds out of control. Dealer has had vehicle back 3 times and can't duplicate the problem so now vehicle sits in my driveway because no repairs have been made and I feel it's not safe to drive. Unfortunately I've had to hire a Lemon Law Attorney to help me break this lease and rid myself of an obviously unsafe vehicle to drive. The vehicle has stored codes that reflect this malfunction.

Beep,beep in my new JeepJeep!
By Angielou on 08/06/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Love my new Jeep. It handles great and gets great gas mileage. Better than my Dodge rams 10 mpg. Averaging around 25 mpg. I had heard it was slow on the passing mode but I don't have any problems with it. Head room is great and I have plenty of leg room for a 6,5" teenager in the back seat. Love that the back seats recline. Great looks everyone loves the new liberty style. Tint on the back Windows is nice and dark and the flip storage tray is nice also have the cargo cover in the back to hide stuff in the back. Great at Christmas to hide gifts from prying eyes when shopping. Engine has plenty of get-up and go for a v-6 even though I'm used to a v-8. Radio system and cd player have a good sound

Jeep Liberty Trail Rated
By Jeeping in AZ on 08/06/08 00:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle and it only has about 3,000 miles on it right now. This is an awesome vehicle for offroading! I bought this vehicle stock with power sunroof and the skid plate group. I will have to say that I am a proud Jeep owner, and I probably will never buy anything except Jeep in the future. I have been on several jeep trails already and the vehicle has handled awesome on all of them. If your looking for something a little more convenient and comfortable, but has the true off road capability this is definitely the vehicle! Also, the 4x4 selec drive is pretty awesome. I have never drove a better 4 wheel drive system ever!!

1 big disappointment, sky slider roof
By PT on 08/01/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I first seen my liberty on the lot, I had to have it. I loved the looks. Even though it was totally loaded, it didn't need to be. I just wanted the style, so I got it. One of the many features was the sky slider roof. I wasn't interested in the roof style, but it came with the car. What they didn't bother telling me at the dealership is that when you travel at a faster speed limit, like 70-75 on the turnpike or I-95 the roof leaks air so loud you can't hear the radio or hear yourself or anyone talking! Sometimes its not as loud but is still irritating. Not looking forward to a long driving trip with my new Jeep!

Heck of a value
By Dave on 07/26/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We compared this to rav4, Forester, Mercury Mariner, Kia Sorento, Saturn Vue. This has more features than the others for a better price. We've had the vehicle 2 months and it's great. No problems, fun to drive, controls easy to use. Important to us was the lack of road noise at highway speeds. Others we tested were much noisier than the Jeep. We average 19-20 mpg local, 23 mpg highway only. Much better and quieter than the 05 Mazda tribute we traded.

New Toy All Joy
By chiefaz on 07/21/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked this up last week. It is awesome. Traded a 2003 Liberty Limited. Totally great buying experience. No Hassles. Previous vehicle great. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Stay with what works.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.