Used 2008 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Sky Slider Wind Noise FIXED
By Bigger in Texas

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Ladies & Gentleman: Alas, I finally had the Sky Slider Wind Noise FIXED on my 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited! I was paranoid about a mechanic touching my roof and making it worse. Since the date I purchased the vehicle in August 2008, I had extreme wind noise and the roof would "puff up" 1/2" -1" in the interior after I reached 65 mph. The noise was completely unbearable when I drove into a 10-15 mph headwind, it was impossible to carry on a conversation, and very difficult to hear the radio. Today, I took my Jeep to Ancira Jeep on I-10 West. Jaye Patton was extremely helpful at the front desk, and the service tech did a marvelous job! I took my Jeep up to 85 mph on the Interstate

Home Run
By Porter

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Jeep hit a home run with the redesign of the Liberty. This is my 4th Jeep (99' Cherokee, 04' Liberty, 07' Wrangler Unlimited, 08' Liberty) and the best yet! The best on-road ride for an off-road SUV. The engine is sluggish on the on-ramp, but ample everywhere else. Tons of unexpected bells and whistles too. Sky-Slider Roof, Sirius Radio, UConnect, MyGig, etc... Very smart with the nooks and crannies too. The cargo area is adequate and smart. The console and glove compartment are quite large. Soft supple leather, heated seats...I am still finding new things every day. Back to the Sky-Slider Roof...It's like driving a comfortable Wrangler Unlimited at the touch of a button. Shall I go on?

Uconnect, Sky-Slider Roof, MyGig...

A Compatible Roof Rack!

Fun + Stylish + Touch of Luxury
By Joe D

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got the 08 Limited Edition Liberty at fire sale prices in October. What a fun, fun car. We live in the Northeast and the car handled all the snowy weather beautifully. But the sunny days allowed that Sky Slider Roof to really brighten your day. The car came with Sirius radio free for 1 year (cool!), leather heated seat and factory installed remote start (again, think harsh PA winters). All the chrome makes the Liberty look cool and the two kids still in car seats still have a good amount of room.

Sky Slider Roof, heated leather seats, remote start, great handling (much tighter turning than you would expect), cool looking

Resale value of Jeeps seems to have plummeted with all of Chrysler's issues. Oh well, I plan on keeping this baby a long time!

Pleased
By Rick

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I are very pleased with this Liberty Limited. It has all the options including sun roof. The MyGig Infotainment w/Nav and the Sirius system make this fun to drive. Evic lets you check tire pressures to keep them equal, which is important with an SUV. The chrome on the exterior makes the Black look sharp. It's not to big and handles and rides beautifully. We are very glad to own it. It will be one year old next month. A vehicle without MyGig Gps, siruis etc. and Evic sure would be dull.

Clean Jeep style. Chrome. Heated power leather seats with lumbar support for the driver. Evic display to check things. Towing capacity for boat. MyGig means you load your CD's on the Hard Drive and leave them all at home. GPS will take you where you wish to go, find hotels, restaurants, police etc..

Better gas milage.

Great New Liberty
By JeepinMatt

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I grew up with a Cherokee and wanted another Jeep for myself. We still have the Cherokee with almost 130,000 miles. This 08 Liberty is my first truck - a great 4WD, go anywhere vehicle. Already have over 3000 on it. Was great in the snow this past winter - looking forward to taking it out west this summer.

4x4 go anywhere capabilities and surprising comfort for a vehicle like this one - love the seats. Just fun to drive around.

Keep it up Jeep!