Used 2008 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Tough look but practical car
By J

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car for my wife. After looking at mom mobiles this one stood out as a much cooler ride that fit our needs of towing capacity, safety, and styling. She like that it was not too big and I like that it doesn't look like a space ship. The ride is much better than previous jeeps on the road and road noise is almost nil. The back seats have plenty of room and the roof rack is great for overflow luggage. Also discovered recently that the back seats recline which is a huge benefit since most SUVs this size make you feel like you are sitting in a church pew.

Favorite Features

Seats are very comfortable, standard stereo with 6 speakers is great, utility tray in back

Suggested Improvements

Blue tooth link in stereo, automatic headlamps, front passenger handle above door,hooks on tailgate for grocery bags

FAILS OFF ROAD
By Jack Kavanaugh

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The "Trail Rated" designation for this vehicle is a joke. This vehicle is fine; in fact very good, on pavement but a complete dud off road. The Sky Slider roof is noisy at highway speeds but the dealer tells me that that can be fixed. There is no way to fix the off road performance even with lifters. The ground clearance is just inadequate; a moderate two track ranch road results in intolerable high centering. Jeep trails are out of the question.

Favorite Features

Nice interior finishes. Good paved road handling. Good high torque in low ranged performance on steep grades.

Suggested Improvements

It needs much higher ground clearance.

Great Vehicle
By D Ackerman

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We love out Jeep Liberty. This SUV is so practical and fun to drive. It meets all our needs, fits great in the garage, has not had any problems and looks great. We are very happy with it. Would get another one.

Favorite Features

The way it drives and handles.

Suggested Improvements

Could get better gas mileage, but still better than a lot of other vehicles of this type.

Sky Slider Wind Noise FIXED
By Bigger in Texas

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Ladies & Gentleman: Alas, I finally had the Sky Slider Wind Noise FIXED on my 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited! I was paranoid about a mechanic touching my roof and making it worse. Since the date I purchased the vehicle in August 2008, I had extreme wind noise and the roof would "puff up" 1/2" -1" in the interior after I reached 65 mph. The noise was completely unbearable when I drove into a 10-15 mph headwind, it was impossible to carry on a conversation, and very difficult to hear the radio. Today, I took my Jeep to Ancira Jeep on I-10 West. Jaye Patton was extremely helpful at the front desk, and the service tech did a marvelous job! I took my Jeep up to 85 mph on the Interstate

Home Run
By Porter

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Jeep hit a home run with the redesign of the Liberty. This is my 4th Jeep (99' Cherokee, 04' Liberty, 07' Wrangler Unlimited, 08' Liberty) and the best yet! The best on-road ride for an off-road SUV. The engine is sluggish on the on-ramp, but ample everywhere else. Tons of unexpected bells and whistles too. Sky-Slider Roof, Sirius Radio, UConnect, MyGig, etc... Very smart with the nooks and crannies too. The cargo area is adequate and smart. The console and glove compartment are quite large. Soft supple leather, heated seats...I am still finding new things every day. Back to the Sky-Slider Roof...It's like driving a comfortable Wrangler Unlimited at the touch of a button. Shall I go on?

Favorite Features

Uconnect, Sky-Slider Roof, MyGig...

Suggested Improvements

A Compatible Roof Rack!