Used 2008 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Great Vehicle
By BRUSKI

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I needed to replace a tow vehicle for a 2000lb camper. When not towing, it will be my wife's daily drive. This used Jeep Liberty Sport caught my eye. Its a good looking 4 wheel drive vehicle that is fun to drive. No, its not as "carlike" as my old Ford Escape, but out-tows the heck out of it. We're averaging about 2-3 mpg less than the Escape (which was a two wheel drive) a fair trade off for a 4x4 with more power and capacity.

4 Wheel drive, tow capacity

Although this is a Sport, adjustable lumbar support would have been nice.

Love My Jeep
By ApolloGenX

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got my 4d sport used and I absolutely love this SUV. I have wanted a nice SUV for years, and when my old car died, I saw my chance to get a really amazing SUV for a great price. I have had nothing but absolute fun driving every since. The interior has lots of room, which I have already used to move. The clearance is great and although the engine likes the gas, it has the power when I need it. The styling is awesome. All in all, I love everything about this car. The gas mileage could be a bit better, but other than that I love it!

Styling, clearance, interior space

gas mileage

Tough look but practical car
By J

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car for my wife. After looking at mom mobiles this one stood out as a much cooler ride that fit our needs of towing capacity, safety, and styling. She like that it was not too big and I like that it doesn't look like a space ship. The ride is much better than previous jeeps on the road and road noise is almost nil. The back seats have plenty of room and the roof rack is great for overflow luggage. Also discovered recently that the back seats recline which is a huge benefit since most SUVs this size make you feel like you are sitting in a church pew.

Seats are very comfortable, standard stereo with 6 speakers is great, utility tray in back

Blue tooth link in stereo, automatic headlamps, front passenger handle above door,hooks on tailgate for grocery bags

FAILS OFF ROAD
By Jack Kavanaugh

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The "Trail Rated" designation for this vehicle is a joke. This vehicle is fine; in fact very good, on pavement but a complete dud off road. The Sky Slider roof is noisy at highway speeds but the dealer tells me that that can be fixed. There is no way to fix the off road performance even with lifters. The ground clearance is just inadequate; a moderate two track ranch road results in intolerable high centering. Jeep trails are out of the question.

Nice interior finishes. Good paved road handling. Good high torque in low ranged performance on steep grades.

It needs much higher ground clearance.

Great Vehicle
By D Ackerman

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We love out Jeep Liberty. This SUV is so practical and fun to drive. It meets all our needs, fits great in the garage, has not had any problems and looks great. We are very happy with it. Would get another one.

The way it drives and handles.

Could get better gas mileage, but still better than a lot of other vehicles of this type.

• SUV