2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Sky slider from h*ll
By CDigby on 06/27/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Jeep Liberty Dec. 2007 when sky slider had had just come out and I knew I had to have one! Only one on the lot was fully loaded and I paid almost $35k. Since I bought it I've brought it to the dealership at least 7 times for problems with the Sky Slider LEAKING! Each time they say they don't know why its doing that and each time they tell me its fixed when I leave but now I'm continuing to have problems with it leaking! Now that it has permanently ruined my interior roof cloth I am going to pursue Chrysler to take this nightmare of a car back because this was the biggest waste of money to have to worry every time it rains how wet the interior will get!

Good, But Not Great
By Samuel on 06/02/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2008 Liberty Limited is our second Liberty. We traded in a 2003 Liberty Sport that we drove for 5 years and 50,000 miles without a single problem. We wanted a fully loaded Liberty and the end of year rebates plus lifetime powertrain warranty were too tempting to resist. The 2008 feels a little more "grownup" than our '03 and although it has the same engine does not feel as quick. The mileage, never particularly good on our '03, is even worse on the '08. It has been to the shop for minor things such as a 4WD warning light that wouldn't go off, a defective bow that caused a wind leak on the Skyslider top, and a hood prop rod that came off in my hand.

Great milage
By Dan Jurewicz on 05/18/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I get approx 15 mph in Chicago, But I get 23 to 24 (best I got was 24.6) on highway

Great Vehicle
By jj on 04/11/10 21:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I was really apprehensive about buying a Jeep but looking at the Liberty with its features and price I decided to take the chance. Bought the 08 Liberty Sport 4x4 slightly used (2700 miles) and couldn't be happier. It was great on the snow this winter. Drove it 1700 miles cross-country. Comfortable drive even at 80 mph plus. Drove it off road on some of Arizona's most challenging roads. It performed well in all instances. No comments on reliability yet (still only have 6700 miles on it). But so far so good.

Jeep Liberty '08 and going strong!
By Diane K on 02/26/10 03:59 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Every day I get into my 2008 Jeep Liberty and it's like a new SUV to me. I love the interior layout- easy to use iPod and sound system. Did not get GPS-- don't need it, so other features are housed there. Fabulous off road- after I upgraded the tires to the Firestone, Destination A/Ts. Now I have a lot more confidence. Use this for trailering, skiing, dog and vacationing- LOVE IT! Didn't listen to reviews- and glad I got it. It's been really fun to drive.

Flaking paint on door console
By Jeep Fan on 02/18/10 18:45 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had to have both door panel console parts that house the window controls replaced. They were actually peeling. My passenger window power switch has been replaced and I am hoping nothing else goes wrong. A sharp looking vehicle. My 2nd jeep - first was the redesigned Cherokee Limited

Tough and Fun
By Sherri on 01/08/10 23:18 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have taken this on really bad roads from sea level to over 8,000 feet in the same day. Been crawling over rocks. Used every off road feature and always came through. Wish it had better mpg, but this baby is tough, yet plenty fast with good braking. Had to ditch the Goodyears that came with it...had Discount Tire boost me up one size and I put on Yokohamas for an instant and huge improvement in handling, ride quality and quietness. JEEP needs to discontinue the Goodyears..I had to replace 3 of them within months. Thankfully, Discount Tire treated my prior two purchases as if I was coming in to buy only 2 more...not the 4 Yokos I was buying. So JEEP...great vehicle, but needs better tires.

Crappy Skyslider
By NB on 01/08/10 19:06 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I feel that the Liberty fits a niche between the cute small sport utes and the more expensive larger SUVs. It's kind of in a class by itself. Though I think usually classified with Rav-4, Escape, etc. Compared to them really only 1 choice if you want to ever haul anything or cruise down a trial in the backwoods. Wish they called it the Cherokee again. I'm somewhat of a redneck, but work downtown everyday in IT. This Jeep does great for both downtown tight driving/parking and also off road. HUGE HUGE complaint is the skyslider. Horribly designed. Broke immediately and Jeep won't stand behind it. I'm considering Lemon Law. It's been in dealership over 10 times for same problem.

Love my Liberty
By Dennis Williams on 12/23/09 22:01 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 other jeeps in the passed 15 years. I rank this jeep as the best yet. I really enjoy driving this car and I was pleasantly surprised with the fuel economy. I average 22.8 mpg on the highway and 19.5 in town. The only thing that I would change about this car is the shocks. The ride is a little stiff for a top of the line vehicle and would be better served if they were not so stiff

Skyslide Help
By Scott Garmon on 12/04/09 22:25 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck for long business travel and the awesome skyslide top. I love my Jeep. However, the wind noise is unbearable. It now "whistles" at 20mph. If your looking to buy wait for the next generation of the Skyslide roof. I love Jeep and would love to see this fixed soon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.