2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Great snow/bad weather vehicle
By Keno90 on 02/04/08 10:44 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my Dodge Ram 4x4 in on this vehicle and I am very happy with my trade. We just got 11 inches of snow on Thursday and I live in a very rural location with a 600' gravel drive on a very steep incline. The vehicle did a fantastic job with only the all weather tires that came standard! I love the interior and the way the vehicle handles. Have not really checked the mileage yet, nor do I know how reliable the vehicle the will be, but I have owned 4x4's from Wranglers to Chevy and Dodge trucks and this one is just as good for on road snow driving!

Almost bought something else
By Douglas on 01/31/08 20:53 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Having had the 2004 Liberty and hating it since 2 days after delivery, I was a bit skeptical about the 2008 model. However, a test drive changed my mind. I was quite surprised at the additional room as the specs don't really convey real world use. Who thinks in cubic feet? My 6'3" partner is comfortable in the driver and passenger seats. The ride is definitely improved and the styling is great. The vehicle feels a lot more solid. My only regret is not getting the Limited model as I really miss the electronic seats and the EVIC. Also, ignore professional reviewers who insist on comparing it to crossovers. That's not the same category!

1st Impression 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited
By JD59 on 01/27/08 19:52 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked up a new 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited with leather, sunroof, remote start, tow pkg, & heated seats. All I can say is wow, this is a nice Jeep. I had a 2004 Wrangler Unlimited that I loved, but the lease was up, and it was time to trade again. I went with the Liberty Limited, since it had so many standard safety features, and slightly better gas mileage then the new Wranglers, plus the incentives were better for the Liberty.

Love my Jeep
By bgrn on 01/22/08 14:05 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 2002 Ford Explorer full size with 102,000 miles, wanted a smaller vehicle with the features of the big suv. I was not disappointed. This Jeep is great! Although smaller it still has plenty of room. It does slip on snow covered roads sometimes when not in 4wd but just a flip of the switch and there is no stopping it. Very smooth ride. I test drove the old ones 3 years ago these are far better. It sits high off the ground and I can't wait to take it down the sand at the beach, got the skid plates intalled for this. I drive in this all day for a living and I love it. Mileage isn't awful, my Explorer was 13mpg/this does better than that approx 17-18.

Wow is this thing bad in the snow
By jetchef on 01/06/08 21:52 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wow this thing is terrible in the snow. It feels like the back end is going to slide out at any time even when going straight. The steering and road feel inspire no confidence. The factory tires are awful, I feel bad for Jeep that it has come to this, you have to wonder what the future of the brand is. This truly is a bad SUV. There are so many better trucks out there. If you buy one immediately get new tires, the stock Goodyears are dangerous. By the way ever time the rear end slid out no traction control engaged, ever.

Excellent
By npro1234 on 01/06/08 11:27 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I like my 2008 Sport 4x4 Liberty. It is much more comfortable than my old pickup truck. Gas mileage is as reported (4x4 15/21 mpg). I just took a trip of 900 miles loaded with my stuff (2wd mode) in the cargo area to confirm. This SUV is way off the ground and from measurements up to the antenna stands about 6' 6". So be sure it can fit into your garage. The response seems a bit sluggish when accelerating, but it is a heavy vehicle. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase.

3rd Jeep & Cherokee Satisfaction
By davis on 01/06/08 09:34 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've previously owned a 1990 Cherokee and a 2001 Cherokee Sport, both great vehicles. This new Liberty redesign was the perfect fit for my family now and my wife loves it, despite some reviews of it being too masculine. It's a pretty incredible vehicle and the fact that you can get a fully loaded, roomy real Jeep SUV for ~30k is amazing. I was very sad when Jeep discontinued the classic Cherokee in '01, but the new styling, size and features on the Liberty definitely show that it is the real successor to that line.

Great vehicle
By D. Kissell on 01/05/08 11:00 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Really nice Jeep, pretty comfortable to drive/ride in, has a lot of good features for the price. Seems a little smaller on the inside than it looks from the outside, but there's adequate storage space. Pretty good value and a great warranty program and has a 5-star crash rating.

Love it!
By Matt on 01/03/08 08:52 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a 2001 Liberty and leased a 2005 Grand Cherokee prior to this. The 08 Liberty is my favorite! I'm getting about 19mpg, which isn't bad for a trail rated Jeep!!

Love this car
By hounddogrunning on 01/01/08 06:17 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I had a 2005 Liberty, this 2008 is much better. The smoother ride, larger interior, this is a great car. I also recommend the Sky Slider Roof - it is great!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.