2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Awesome SUV
By richgiles on 04/21/08 19:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Liberty is by far the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It has a great new look that that turns a lot of heads at intersections. The interior is simple, but nice. There is a lot of plastic but it is not nearly as bad as the cheap plastic of the patriot and compass. The suspension is very firm but does not throw you around. It makes the whole driving experience fun that you can only find in a jeep. The turning radius is amazing. Gas mileage is okay, I'm averaging about 18.6 right now, and hope for it to get better after the engine is broken in.

08 Liberty Limited - Great Vehicle
By MHG on 04/09/08 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Driven pickups and 4x4 vehicles for many years, though last three were spent in a sports car. Needed a vehicle that we could tow "4-down" behind a motor home and still be a daily driver, with room for people and cargo. The Liberty fit the bill. It drives and rides nice is very quiet even though I have the Sky-Slider. It is roomy enough without being giant. Short turning radius, quick selection into 4wd, all make this a pleasure to drive.

Nice Job!
By ridarc on 04/02/08 15:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Jeep did a great job with the do over of the liberty. The liberty feels solid, has a great ride. The looks of the Liberty caught my eye.

Liberty not bad!
By ridarc on 03/27/08 22:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am impressed with the new liberty. When the first generation liberty came out, I wasn't that impressed. When I saw the new liberty before it came out, I couldn't wait to see it, and Hope to buy it. Well I bought and been pleased so far.

'08 Liberty
By Ridarc on 03/27/08 11:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I like what Jeep has done to the liberty. It has great Jeep looks, the Ride is car like, and feels roomy inside.

Fun for a car..I mean Jeep
By James R on 03/18/08 22:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with the intention of making small modifications to improve the offroad work, like wheels and lights, only to find out later that the modifications shown in the catalog will not be produced by Jeep Chrysler, and the dealership gave me the heave-ho when I went back after discovering this false advertising

Should Have Done it Sooner!
By Jerry Clifton on 03/04/08 15:42 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had a Suburban that had close to 200k. I had been looking for something smaller, yet could tow 3000 lbs. I was really not considering Jeep. I went to the dealer on a whim and was pleasantly surprised by the Liberty. I have towed 3500 with it so far, and it is smoother that the Suburban! It will seat five average perosns comfortably.

Having Fun in NYC
By Carlos on 02/20/08 17:26 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Having a career in scouring construction job sites from Brooklyn to Rockland, I need a vehicle to comfort like a mobil office and remain reliable to get me back home safely under any conditions. Thank you Jeep. The Liberty 08 is fairly spacious, large enough to load 5 grown men and compact enough to parallel park tight spots throughout the 5 boroughs. The 115-volt outlet powers my laptop, the fold down passenger seat is a great desktop and the storage compartments keep my Jeep from being cluttered. Airbags all over with great crash test ratings makes the wife happy, and for a truly capable off-road 4x4, it handles comfortably on and off road through all weather. Bring on the potholes.

Sky Slider is awesome
By JB on 02/17/08 11:33 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a Limited with a Sky Slider top, which I have to say is awesome. Nice to be one with nature. The 5 star frontal and side crash rating was a big plus. The ride is great, handles great in snow and ice...even better than my Grand Cherokee. Inside is roomy and comfortable, even for my 6 ft plus 16 year old son. I have the Limited fully loaded. For a Jeep, the new Liberty feels more like a luxurious crossover. It gets a lot of looks from people...sharp looking! I would purchase this vehicle all over again. The MyGig, Sirius radio and Sirius Traffic, heated seats and mirrors, remote start, navigation are wonderful options! It's a trail rated Jeep, what more can one expect?!

Skyslider
By Desert Rat on 02/14/08 07:30 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best looking SUV on road. Performance very robust. Interior features including Sirius is great. Smart stylish yet masculine design inside and out...and ergonomic. The "YES" "no stain" fabric is nice as well along with auto-lock. Controls very intuitive. This automatic Skyslider is a knockout folks. This was my primary focus in the purchase. It essentially is a ragtop vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.