08 Liberty Misunderstood
By Rogie on
2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I researched the heck out of the Liberty. I had owned Liberty in the past and just recently returned a leased Pacifica, a nice sleeper itself. To make a long story short, I don't understand all the mediocre expert reviews, including the 9th out of 9 finish in a recent big magazine. Those reviews turned me off of the Liberty..but I kept coming back to it since it seemed far more inspiring than the boring Rav4, CRV and Escape. The reviews on Edmunds from real people convinced me to stick to my convictions that this vehicle is a quiet gem. I took the plunge and now have one. I love it. 30K and feature rich. No way Rav4, CRV and others can touch it for all around fun factor.
Favorite Features
NAV, Voice Sync, ride, looks, safety rating, Mygig, remote start, controls, skyslider, athletic feel, Sirius Sat radio, lifetime warranty, family smiles when they saw it for the first time, info readout in dash gauge area that shows compass and radio station, red rock color, reclining rear seats.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage, one more cig lighter, better headlight brightness at normal setting.