2008 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
The worst vehicle I have ever seen, bar none.
By sal42 on 04/07/13 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new in 2008 and it was the worse mistake my family ever made on cars, EVER. On the test drive the dashboard was literally coming out and you could see the wires and tubing under the dash. I pleaded with my father to not buy it, yet he was swayed by the exterior styling. During 3 years of horror (aka vehicle ownership), 3 of the window motors broke leaving the windows stuck in place, the plastics/materials are horrendous and the dashboard popped out twice. Besides that the seats were the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in, like sitting on concrete!!!!! The car is crampt, and the MPG figures are A LIE!!! The car barely got 10 MPG in the city, and maybe 16 or so freeway.

Sky Slider Problems
By danielleboyd on 03/29/12 15:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 jeep liberty suv in May 2011. The sky slider (moonroom) very loud. Now yesterday March 28, 2012 the sky slider broke on the pasenger side. Took it to the jeep dealer today March 29, 2012, and was told that the rod that goes throught the track on the pasenger side was broke and needs to be replaced. Also I was told that it would cost $4-$5000.00 dollars to me its not worth fixing. So I found this site and am shocked to see all the reviews in reguards to this same year and problem. Thank you to one of the post and gave me the number to call DMV to report problem so maybe they will recall this. To those of you with this same issue please call this number 1-888-327-4236.

FOR REAL! Best SUV / CAR in the World for the money!
By 08jeeplover on 01/09/11 18:37 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned s-class Mercedes, 7-Series BMWs, Audi A-8 etc. But they are all way over-engineered hence have allot of problems. Our 2008 JEEP Liberty is the best suv / car in the world. It's great looking, safe, reliable, offers tremendous value etc. The best thing that I have done in 2010 is sell our 745Li and purchase a used 2008 JEEP Liberty. and but a 2008 JEEP LIberty.

Sky slider from h*ll
By CDigby on 06/27/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Jeep Liberty Dec. 2007 when sky slider had had just come out and I knew I had to have one! Only one on the lot was fully loaded and I paid almost $35k. Since I bought it I've brought it to the dealership at least 7 times for problems with the Sky Slider LEAKING! Each time they say they don't know why its doing that and each time they tell me its fixed when I leave but now I'm continuing to have problems with it leaking! Now that it has permanently ruined my interior roof cloth I am going to pursue Chrysler to take this nightmare of a car back because this was the biggest waste of money to have to worry every time it rains how wet the interior will get!

Love my Liberty
By Dennis Williams on 12/23/09 22:01 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 other jeeps in the passed 15 years. I rank this jeep as the best yet. I really enjoy driving this car and I was pleasantly surprised with the fuel economy. I average 22.8 mpg on the highway and 19.5 in town. The only thing that I would change about this car is the shocks. The ride is a little stiff for a top of the line vehicle and would be better served if they were not so stiff

Sky Slider Wind Noise FIXED
By Bigger in Texas on 04/30/09 18:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Ladies & Gentleman: Alas, I finally had the Sky Slider Wind Noise FIXED on my 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited! I was paranoid about a mechanic touching my roof and making it worse. Since the date I purchased the vehicle in August 2008, I had extreme wind noise and the roof would "puff up" 1/2" -1" in the interior after I reached 65 mph. The noise was completely unbearable when I drove into a 10-15 mph headwind, it was impossible to carry on a conversation, and very difficult to hear the radio. Today, I took my Jeep to Ancira Jeep on I-10 West. Jaye Patton was extremely helpful at the front desk, and the service tech did a marvelous job! I took my Jeep up to 85 mph on the Interstate

best car in the world
By jordan on 12/30/08 19:55 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car it is fun and cool to get in to everyday... I have the sky slider roof and its so much fun. The car begs to be taken on vacation and very comfortable. Only problem is the mpg which is not that bad and driver feet space. Overall the car is great and you can tell Chrysler/Jeep put lots of effort towards designing this car.

Sky Slider
By Lisa on 12/05/08 12:53 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

In general, I LOVE my Jeep the one thing I don't like is the Sky Slider. I wish I had just over looked it. Starting about 2 weeks after I got the Jeep, I found the highway wind noise to be unbearable. After 3 dealerships and 4 months, I found some guys that noticed that the weather striping had come up and they replaced it. That has helped the noise a ton but it is still pretty undesirable on the highway. No matter the weather, it seems like roof is just not well designed at all. The cross bars in the sky slider buckle with any amount of wind and sometimes if I attempt to close it while I am driving (even at 30 mph) I am scared the whole thing is just going to fly off.

Sky Slider does have wind noise
By Texas Man on 09/10/08 22:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. I have only owned Toyotas in the past and my wife currently has a RAV4, but I am EXTREMELY impressed with my new Jeep. How can you pass up a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty for free, and a Lifetime Bumper to Bumper warranty for only $2400? I will never buy an over- priced Toyota again! I absolutely love the Sky Slider roof and always drive with it open, but when the roof is closed it does create pretty significant wind noise on the highway when driving 70-75 mph. Overall, I have only experienced minimal wind noise with the Sky Slider closed in the 60-65 mph range!

1 big disappointment, sky slider roof
By PT on 08/01/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I first seen my liberty on the lot, I had to have it. I loved the looks. Even though it was totally loaded, it didn't need to be. I just wanted the style, so I got it. One of the many features was the sky slider roof. I wasn't interested in the roof style, but it came with the car. What they didn't bother telling me at the dealership is that when you travel at a faster speed limit, like 70-75 on the turnpike or I-95 the roof leaks air so loud you can't hear the radio or hear yourself or anyone talking! Sometimes its not as loud but is still irritating. Not looking forward to a long driving trip with my new Jeep!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.