Used 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

The worst vehicle I have ever seen, bar none.
By sal42

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new in 2008 and it was the worse mistake my family ever made on cars, EVER. On the test drive the dashboard was literally coming out and you could see the wires and tubing under the dash. I pleaded with my father to not buy it, yet he was swayed by the exterior styling. During 3 years of horror (aka vehicle ownership), 3 of the window motors broke leaving the windows stuck in place, the plastics/materials are horrendous and the dashboard popped out twice. Besides that the seats were the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in, like sitting on concrete!!!!! The car is crampt, and the MPG figures are A LIE!!! The car barely got 10 MPG in the city, and maybe 16 or so freeway.

Favorite Features

Although it was by far and away a total junk and a perfect example of why Chrysler went bankrupt, it actually could turn on a dime. Don't ask me why the turning radius was so good and nothing else, but it could make U-turns like nothing!

Suggested Improvements

They should have never built this car, it really is that poorly designed and built. It really shows you why Chrysler went bankrupt. When you see cars this bad you feel like crying. If parts pop out on the test drive on a brand new car, you know it's bad. MPG figures given are a lie, the real MPG for the 3.7L 2WD is about 10 city/16 freeway, and that is no exaggeration. The car is a GAS HOG!!!!! And it's not a very big vehicle either, just goes to show you how Chrysler can't design an efficient and powerful engine if their lives depended on it. In general all Chrysler engines from that era were gas hogs and underperformed for their displacement. Dismal engineering.

Sky Slider Problems
By danielleboyd

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 jeep liberty suv in May 2011. The sky slider (moonroom) very loud. Now yesterday March 28, 2012 the sky slider broke on the pasenger side. Took it to the jeep dealer today March 29, 2012, and was told that the rod that goes throught the track on the pasenger side was broke and needs to be replaced. Also I was told that it would cost $4-$5000.00 dollars to me its not worth fixing. So I found this site and am shocked to see all the reviews in reguards to this same year and problem. Thank you to one of the post and gave me the number to call DMV to report problem so maybe they will recall this. To those of you with this same issue please call this number 1-888-327-4236.

Suggested Improvements

Call 1-888-327-4236 Report to DMV to be recalled

FOR REAL! Best SUV / CAR in the World for the money!
By 08jeeplover

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned s-class Mercedes, 7-Series BMWs, Audi A-8 etc. But they are all way over-engineered hence have allot of problems. Our 2008 JEEP Liberty is the best suv / car in the world. It's great looking, safe, reliable, offers tremendous value etc. The best thing that I have done in 2010 is sell our 745Li and purchase a used 2008 JEEP Liberty. and but a 2008 JEEP LIberty.

Favorite Features

Everything is smart, functional and most importaantly RELIABLE!

Suggested Improvements

A tad more HP.

Sky slider from h*ll
By CDigby

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Jeep Liberty Dec. 2007 when sky slider had had just come out and I knew I had to have one! Only one on the lot was fully loaded and I paid almost $35k. Since I bought it I've brought it to the dealership at least 7 times for problems with the Sky Slider LEAKING! Each time they say they don't know why its doing that and each time they tell me its fixed when I leave but now I'm continuing to have problems with it leaking! Now that it has permanently ruined my interior roof cloth I am going to pursue Chrysler to take this nightmare of a car back because this was the biggest waste of money to have to worry every time it rains how wet the interior will get!

Favorite Features

I love the outside body style! Real sharp looking. Driver and Passenger seats are very comfortable!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the problems with the sky slider or stop making them!

Love my Liberty
By Dennis Williams

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 other jeeps in the passed 15 years. I rank this jeep as the best yet. I really enjoy driving this car and I was pleasantly surprised with the fuel economy. I average 22.8 mpg on the highway and 19.5 in town. The only thing that I would change about this car is the shocks. The ride is a little stiff for a top of the line vehicle and would be better served if they were not so stiff

Favorite Features

Interior. The interior is well thought out with plenty of room for 4 adults. The interior finishes are top of the line The nav system works flawlessly.

Suggested Improvements

Six way power passenger seat,running boards, more power ports.