2008 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
The worst vehicle I have ever seen, bar none.
By sal42 on 04/07/13 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new in 2008 and it was the worse mistake my family ever made on cars, EVER. On the test drive the dashboard was literally coming out and you could see the wires and tubing under the dash. I pleaded with my father to not buy it, yet he was swayed by the exterior styling. During 3 years of horror (aka vehicle ownership), 3 of the window motors broke leaving the windows stuck in place, the plastics/materials are horrendous and the dashboard popped out twice. Besides that the seats were the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in, like sitting on concrete!!!!! The car is crampt, and the MPG figures are A LIE!!! The car barely got 10 MPG in the city, and maybe 16 or so freeway.

It's a fine vehicle except for one thing...
By herc on 12/29/12 10:36 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Jeep now has 66,000 miles on it and it has been a very solid vehicle. It has also been stone cold reliable. The only reason I havenít rated it 5 stars across the board is because while I like the design of the interior, the typical Daimler mandated cost cutting cheap plastic materials are everywhere. Also, I think some of the exterior design couldíve been better. Iím not a fan of the giant squarish looking plastic covers over the headlights. Give me the design Bantam/Willys started with..so that means round headlights please. Other than the interior plastic and some exterior design issues I couldnít be happier with my Liberty.

Am I the only one?? 2008 Liberty Sport 4x4
By jrramzak on 08/21/12 15:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport brand new. As my first big purchase as an adult all on my own, I could not have been more excited about this vehicle. However, in the 4 years I have owned it, I have realized that this was the worst mistake of my life. At first, it was the four wheel drive that took a crap, and having never had a chance to use the four wheel drive yet, i was surprised. Then came the Sky Slider leak, and the interior light leak, followed by all four tires dry rotting out causing me to blow a tire while driving. Yet the tires still had at minimum 40% tread left. Then heater core died followed by the blower motor, then we had to replace a computer chip that was causing my

I love my Jeep but there are a few character flaws
By drivenlp on 08/20/12 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I actually built my Liberty up with a 3 inch lift kit, skid plates etc. and I believe it improved the exterior stance of the vehicle. Jeeps can get through anything (with the right tires, I highly recommend the BFGoodrich All Terrains) The interior is comfortable and there is A LOT of neat storage spaces, fold flat seats including the passenger seat. I have not had one mechanical problem. Very tight turning radius. What I dont like: I bought the skyslider and it is awesome for going to the beach etc, but it leaks water into my headliner which is now stained and starting to smell. Also this causes quite a bit of wind noise. I believe they fixed in 2009 a bit.

Sky Slider Problems
By danielleboyd on 03/29/12 15:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 jeep liberty suv in May 2011. The sky slider (moonroom) very loud. Now yesterday March 28, 2012 the sky slider broke on the pasenger side. Took it to the jeep dealer today March 29, 2012, and was told that the rod that goes throught the track on the pasenger side was broke and needs to be replaced. Also I was told that it would cost $4-$5000.00 dollars to me its not worth fixing. So I found this site and am shocked to see all the reviews in reguards to this same year and problem. Thank you to one of the post and gave me the number to call DMV to report problem so maybe they will recall this. To those of you with this same issue please call this number 1-888-327-4236.

Loved Jeeps until I needed a replacement part!!!
By kareneileen on 08/26/11 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I'm on my second jeep. Loved jeep and referred people to buy jeeps...but last week my 2008 Jeep had issues and needed to be towed. I has been 7 days and the jeep is STILL at the garage and the part is STILL on a national backorder list with no expected date in site! The National Chrysler/Jeep 800# has been absolutely no help...no timeframe, no help getting a rental car, NOTHING! So, I guess the new motto with jeep is that as soon as you buy their product, the hell with you! You are on your own! So, I guess I'm stuck making monthly payments on a vehicle that is sitting unusable at a garage! I am disgusted at the treatment I have been given by the Jeep Dealership/Jeep Garage and 800#.

3rd and Best Jeep I've had
By jnaper on 02/08/11 19:23 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned a 97 Wrangler, 99 Cherokee and now this completely loaded Liberty. Loved them all and this one is the best. We just had a huge snowstorm here near Chicago. My wife and I went out for a drive before our streets were plowed. No one else could make it except for other jeeps or serious 4wd trucks. Our Liberty went through 19-20 inches pf snow without a hiccup. Comfortable, functional, and very capable in deep sand or snow.

FOR REAL! Best SUV / CAR in the World for the money!
By 08jeeplover on 01/09/11 18:37 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Edition 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned s-class Mercedes, 7-Series BMWs, Audi A-8 etc. But they are all way over-engineered hence have allot of problems. Our 2008 JEEP Liberty is the best suv / car in the world. It's great looking, safe, reliable, offers tremendous value etc. The best thing that I have done in 2010 is sell our 745Li and purchase a used 2008 JEEP Liberty. and but a 2008 JEEP LIberty.

Great for the price!
By tim on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I recently decided to purchase a new vehicle since my dodge dakota p/u was almost at 100,000 miles and was in need of new tires. I figured that i could just aplly the new tire cost into the new higher monthly payment. So i began looking at all of the suvs that were out there. I did research the jeep liberty via consumer reports but it got very low scores. so i completely nixed it from my list of possibilities. however after looking at all of the other suvs on the many lots i visited, i ended up at a jeep dealership. long story short..after viewing the liberty's design and options along with a pleasant test drive, i feel in love. the gas mileage is not the best, but also not bad.

Great budget crossover
By bryan on 07/17/10 15:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Don't believe the less than stellar pro reviews, read the reviews by actual owners. It's not flashy, it doesn't try to be. If you're bent on luxury, this isn't it, but it's by no means uncomfortable or ugly. As far as crossovers go the mileage doesn't compare to the subarus or other japanese models, but this one will take you much farther into the woods than they will. It's not a full on SUV like a wrangler, but it's very capable in lighter duty applications where the rocks, mud, and water are less severe. This is so far the best vehicle I have ever driven on snowy, icy roads, and I drive big macho F-350 and 550 trucks all day. AWD (with a lock option) is far superior to 4WD on snowy roads.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.