2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
310,000kms
By dsantin on 10/29/14 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Still going strong 310,000 kms. Live in heavy snow belt, rusty Ontario- rural. 4x4 excellent-- never stuck- plenty of confidence in snow and mud. Have used in mud, lagoons, ditches, snowy farmer fields, towing, fording water-- works well. Unexpected good manners and ride on highway. MPG fair. Roomy versatile interior. Starts/ runs very well-- NO RUST? Did not get skyroof-- you guys that got it and have problems- shame- This was a first year North American redesign-- ant1icipate problems with gimmicks. Some little things-- blower gone at 300,000- so what! Rear liftgate hinge thing- broke but found replacement at junkers for $400. Differential rear troubles after 180k

I love my Jeep but there are a few character flaws
By drivenlp on 08/20/12 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I actually built my Liberty up with a 3 inch lift kit, skid plates etc. and I believe it improved the exterior stance of the vehicle. Jeeps can get through anything (with the right tires, I highly recommend the BFGoodrich All Terrains) The interior is comfortable and there is A LOT of neat storage spaces, fold flat seats including the passenger seat. I have not had one mechanical problem. Very tight turning radius. What I dont like: I bought the skyslider and it is awesome for going to the beach etc, but it leaks water into my headliner which is now stained and starting to smell. Also this causes quite a bit of wind noise. I believe they fixed in 2009 a bit.

Loved Jeeps until I needed a replacement part!!!
By kareneileen on 08/26/11 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I'm on my second jeep. Loved jeep and referred people to buy jeeps...but last week my 2008 Jeep had issues and needed to be towed. I has been 7 days and the jeep is STILL at the garage and the part is STILL on a national backorder list with no expected date in site! The National Chrysler/Jeep 800# has been absolutely no help...no timeframe, no help getting a rental car, NOTHING! So, I guess the new motto with jeep is that as soon as you buy their product, the hell with you! You are on your own! So, I guess I'm stuck making monthly payments on a vehicle that is sitting unusable at a garage! I am disgusted at the treatment I have been given by the Jeep Dealership/Jeep Garage and 800#.

Flaking paint on door console
By Jeep Fan on 02/18/10 18:45 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had to have both door panel console parts that house the window controls replaced. They were actually peeling. My passenger window power switch has been replaced and I am hoping nothing else goes wrong. A sharp looking vehicle. My 2nd jeep - first was the redesigned Cherokee Limited

Skyslide Help
By Scott Garmon on 12/04/09 22:25 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck for long business travel and the awesome skyslide top. I love my Jeep. However, the wind noise is unbearable. It now "whistles" at 20mph. If your looking to buy wait for the next generation of the Skyslide roof. I love Jeep and would love to see this fixed soon.

Tough look but practical car
By J on 08/11/09 06:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car for my wife. After looking at mom mobiles this one stood out as a much cooler ride that fit our needs of towing capacity, safety, and styling. She like that it was not too big and I like that it doesn't look like a space ship. The ride is much better than previous jeeps on the road and road noise is almost nil. The back seats have plenty of room and the roof rack is great for overflow luggage. Also discovered recently that the back seats recline which is a huge benefit since most SUVs this size make you feel like you are sitting in a church pew.

FAILS OFF ROAD
By Jack Kavanaugh on 06/02/09 21:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The "Trail Rated" designation for this vehicle is a joke. This vehicle is fine; in fact very good, on pavement but a complete dud off road. The Sky Slider roof is noisy at highway speeds but the dealer tells me that that can be fixed. There is no way to fix the off road performance even with lifters. The ground clearance is just inadequate; a moderate two track ranch road results in intolerable high centering. Jeep trails are out of the question.

Great Vehicle
By D Ackerman on 05/21/09 06:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We love out Jeep Liberty. This SUV is so practical and fun to drive. It meets all our needs, fits great in the garage, has not had any problems and looks great. We are very happy with it. Would get another one.

Not everyone lives in the city.
By retired engineer on 03/17/09 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We needed a rugged vehicle to negotiate the gravel road and creek crossing into our place in the Ouachita Mountains. Also needed it to pull our 3500# 17' Casita travel trailer. With its 5000# tow rating, this Jeep Liberty Sport more than fills the bill on all counts. My wife, the primary driver of this vehicle, selected the Liberty Sport. She did well! Fuel mileage can't be compared to a RAV-4, but the Jeep will do things the Rav-4 wouldn't dream of. But,we got 22 MPG on the first tank of mixed city/highway and that ain't bad for a 3.7 L V-6 engine with automatic tranny. After 5 weeks and 2310 miles, we couldn't be happier with this car. It's our first Jeep product.

Still loving my Jeep
By C.SIMS on 02/28/09 07:57 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my liberty back in oct 2007 as a brand new suv. I did a review of how much I loved it then, but we all know the true test is within that 1st year. Well I can tell you I still love it. It still drives well, it's still rugged and it still looks sharp. I keep it shiny. It's still a head Turner.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.