Used 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

310,000kms
By dsantin

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Still going strong 310,000 kms. Live in heavy snow belt, rusty Ontario- rural. 4x4 excellent-- never stuck- plenty of confidence in snow and mud. Have used in mud, lagoons, ditches, snowy farmer fields, towing, fording water-- works well. Unexpected good manners and ride on highway. MPG fair. Roomy versatile interior. Starts/ runs very well-- NO RUST? Did not get skyroof-- you guys that got it and have problems- shame- This was a first year North American redesign-- ant1icipate problems with gimmicks. Some little things-- blower gone at 300,000- so what! Rear liftgate hinge thing- broke but found replacement at junkers for $400. Differential rear troubles after 180k

Both off road and highway manners. Smooth engine. Good looks. Rust free- very unusual here! Great in deep snow. Towing, Large storage area. High driver position. Rescued a few drivers in snow banks. Fog lites.

Better interior materials, better heater / defroster. The differential problems--- a macho Jeep-- come on Chrysler!!

I love my Jeep but there are a few character flaws
By drivenlp

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I actually built my Liberty up with a 3 inch lift kit, skid plates etc. and I believe it improved the exterior stance of the vehicle. Jeeps can get through anything (with the right tires, I highly recommend the BFGoodrich All Terrains) The interior is comfortable and there is A LOT of neat storage spaces, fold flat seats including the passenger seat. I have not had one mechanical problem. Very tight turning radius. What I dont like: I bought the skyslider and it is awesome for going to the beach etc, but it leaks water into my headliner which is now stained and starting to smell. Also this causes quite a bit of wind noise. I believe they fixed in 2009 a bit.

-Well thought out interior storage spaces. -4 wheel drive is unparalleled. -tight turning radius makes off roading and parking lot maneuvering a breeze!

Sky Slider roof was rushed to market. I love the feature but practicality for everyday does not work. I have had several people look at it, as well as numerous tests on it, and no one can tell where it is leaking into my headliner from. My entire headliner is now water-stained and if left in the sun it begins to smell musty. Wind noise at 70+ gets quite loud and whistles. (again the skyslider).

Loved Jeeps until I needed a replacement part!!!
By kareneileen

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I'm on my second jeep. Loved jeep and referred people to buy jeeps...but last week my 2008 Jeep had issues and needed to be towed. I has been 7 days and the jeep is STILL at the garage and the part is STILL on a national backorder list with no expected date in site! The National Chrysler/Jeep 800# has been absolutely no help...no timeframe, no help getting a rental car, NOTHING! So, I guess the new motto with jeep is that as soon as you buy their product, the hell with you! You are on your own! So, I guess I'm stuck making monthly payments on a vehicle that is sitting unusable at a garage! I am disgusted at the treatment I have been given by the Jeep Dealership/Jeep Garage and 800#.

Loved it until I had to wait for a part that is apparently on a national backlog list. I'm at day #7 right now and can't even get an estimated date as to when the part will be available...and the vehicle is not able to be driven until it is fixed.

Be able to back up the product you are putting out there!! I'm disgusted that I have bought a product that apparently cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. It is not some rare vehicle, it is simply a 2008 Jeep Liberty. I cannot understand why this seems to be such a major issue or such a major back log! There are jeep liberties all over the place, why are there not parts available to fix them??? Very, very poor customer service at the national 800# and no help whatsoever to get a rental vehicle while waiting for jeep to get me a part! No end in site at this point for this MISERABLE situation!..and this may be my last chrysler/jeep product!

Flaking paint on door console
By Jeep Fan

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had to have both door panel console parts that house the window controls replaced. They were actually peeling. My passenger window power switch has been replaced and I am hoping nothing else goes wrong. A sharp looking vehicle. My 2nd jeep - first was the redesigned Cherokee Limited

Lots of room, flat folding rear seats, good visibility from drivers seat

You gotta fix the power issues with the windows

Skyslide Help
By Scott Garmon

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck for long business travel and the awesome skyslide top. I love my Jeep. However, the wind noise is unbearable. It now "whistles" at 20mph. If your looking to buy wait for the next generation of the Skyslide roof. I love Jeep and would love to see this fixed soon.

Skyslide Top!!!