I hold a record!
By libertysux on
2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my Liberty in 2007, and I currently hold the record at the dealership....14 times to fix the windows. The warranty covered the first 6 times or so, but when it expired I have to pay a "$100.00 for mfg ins.", then a year later I was told the Mfg will fix the windows until 2014. YAY? Six weeks ago I have all 4 windows replaced with "updated" parts meaning metal, well last week I took it in (time # 14) to have the back driver side fixed. My question is does someone have to get hurt before this problem is addressed, does a window have to fall out on the freeway and do damage to another, what, what will it take? Maybe a class action suite? there's a thought. HELP US!!
By janetq
on 08/20/12 07:09 AM (PDT)

I purchased a JeepLiberty 2007 from CarMax in nov/2011. In January the windows needed work. They told me they repaired them but they did not. Took it to the dealer in May and again in July. Spent 4 hours on two windows and the next day the window did not work. I sure wish I had researched a little more on this one. today the engine light came on and 2 days ago the battery died. The dealearship needs to have it's mechanics trained to handle these issues since so many vehicles are affected. I have been told there is a video on how to fix the driver window and it is simple as a friend did it. Why can't the mechanic do it? The vehicle only has 60,000 miles. My old 1996 Grand Cher. never had these issues and is still running strong at 254,000 miles!

By pyb
on 01/31/12 10:30 AM (PST)

I'm up to 5 times with the windows, and fix # 6 is pending. I have also had the "brake light housing" melt. I'm 100% in favor of whatever action needs to be taken to stop the problems. It's just a matter of time before the window problem causes serious injuries.