2007 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Fun vehicle, needs improvement

2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Fun vehicle, needs improvement
By Jeep fan on

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Obviously the Jeep is geared for power not for mileage so any aftermarket improvements you can make will help the mileage. Never use Goodyear tires as their rolling resistance is horrible. 20% of the Jeeps energy is wasted just on tire rolling resistance. We use Michelin tires and that helps greatly. A friend uses synthetic lubes throughout and a cold air intake by K&N. The new Liberties are way to boxy and just don't seem to have the heart of the earlier Liberties... Others may disagree but that is my take. With some aftermarket improved parts you will have a better performing vehicle with better gas mileage.

Holds the road, is responsive, great maneuverability, great visibility, great styling,

Window regulators are defective. Call Chrysler Corporate to demand install of improved version that is now available. The improved regulators work and last well, but if you have to pay for them it is $600.00 a window as they need to replace the lass as well for some bizarre reason.
By jbusc
on 04/30/12 17:09 PM (PDT)

I agree about the 2008 & up models - Do not like the ones based on the Dodge Nitro. IMO the 2002-2007 are much better looking. I've owned a 2004, 2005 & currently own a 2007 which I hope to own for a long, long time. (All of my Libertys were/are Limiteds) I had a 1995 Wrangler Sport that I just sold last July with 143,000 miles on it that looked & ran like new).