Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

A Jeep That Does It All
By Don

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Liberty, I bought my first one in 2004, (the window regulator wasn't an issue in that model). I love the Liberty for its carlike/suv appearance and towing capabilities. I am averaging 20-21+ mpg in combined city/highway driving. I bought the 2007 knowing that the window regulators were crap. However, it was still under factory warranty and I received such a good deal since it was a manufactures buyback that the savings made it worth the risk/hassle.

Fun to drive, easy to park. Towing a trailer is very easy. My 3" lift really changed the looks. This is a great daily commuter that be taken to the Ritz or to the outback!

Window regulators, if you don't have the resources to fix them buy a roll of duct tape to keep the windows up you'll need it. All add-ons from Mopar/Chrysler seem to start in around the $200 range.

Fix The Window Regulator Problems!
By MicahW

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

If you want a Jeep, buy a Jeep, but be prepared for about 14 - 16 mpg, and a company that won't toss you a dime for the window regulators that CONSTANTLY go out. I've had my Jeep for 6 months, in that time, 2 of the regulators have gone out. It's a $500 repair that Jeep won't cover that happens to every Jeep.

Attractive interior and good 4 wheel drive for the snow.

Fix the windows, it was a problem in 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09... and they still haven't fixed it or repaired any of the ones that go out.

Exceeds our expectations
By RonK

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is one excellent SUV. It has not needed anything but lube, oil and filter changes since we purchased it new in '07. Gas mileage averages 20+ MPG around town. The AC keeps us cool even in Tucson, AZ where we live. We also pull it behind our motorhome as it is so easy to disengage the drive train and get rolling. It rides like a car and is very quiet inside. The leather seats are comfortable and supportive. I installed a K&N air intake system and it increased the power while increasing MPG.

Power, looks, MPG, comfort and versatility.

The new ones are boxie looking.

Love it but...
By Andrew

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

First things first:This is a great 4x4 for off road use.It goes practically anywhere and I've never been stuck in it yet.It has power to spare.Goes like a bat out of hell when you need it to.Of course,it's a bit thirsty at the gas pump(mine gets 16mpg in town and 24 on the road)but it's worth it to have the great performance. My only real complaint about it is of course the crappy window regulators.Chrysler need to get off their buts and make a permanent solution for this problem pronto.Either that or they should fix those regulators for the life of the vehicle for free. Maybe some group of owners needs to file a Class Action Lawsuit over this problem?

I love the quick response of this vehicle and its' off-road capabilities. It's definitely a Jeep when it comes to off-road fun. Handles great,too.

They definitely need to get the window regulator problem solved. I think it's ridiculous that this problem hasn't been addressed by Chrysler yet and I think that Chrysler needs to step-up and fix this problem once and for all. It's gets very pricey very quickly at $500 each time those things break.

Power Window Issues
By Power Window Issues

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep in October of 09. It's an 07' model and in three months of ownership I've had my jeep into the dealership four times for repair to the power windows...specifically the Drivers side window but I've had problems with the passenger window as well. It appears that the issue is not with the dealership making the repairs, but with Chrysler supplying inadequate window regulators and plastic parts that don't hold up. I've written Chrysler with my concerns and have not yet received a response. I'm wondering if others that have experienced these window issues have been able to get corrective action from Chrysler? DK-