2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Love My Liberty
By Beckie on 04/03/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Liberty for a year. The car is comfortable and fun to drive. Gas mileage is about 19 mpg. Great SUV for running around town, rear seats fold down when to carry larger items and two adults can sit comfortably in the back. I highly recommend buying the Liberty and I will buy a second one in the future. Also, glove box does hold the owner's manual.

Wished we hadn't gotten it.
By JuJu'sMama on 02/26/08 13:18 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle as a replacement for a 2003 Hyundai Elantra. With a new baby we needed more room. The 2007 Jeep Liberty Limited is not the vehicle for a growing family. The owner's manual doesn't even fit in the glovebox (there's no storage). The trunk is very tiny. I thought I could live with the back hinge door, but its annoying and heavy. We have had a lot of problems with the front windows not rolling up properly and have taken it to the dealership 3 times, they basically can't fix it. The gas mileage is terrible. I get 18 mpg. The doors don't close properly, you have to slam them shut. It's not comfortable on a long trip. Wish we hadn't bought it!

OK for short trips
By 1stjeep on 01/29/08 13:30 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Liberty for 1 month and it's OK. Gas mileage is OK at 24 mpg. The ride is good, but a little bumpy on rough roads. The seats sit high and give the driver a commanding view, but they can be uncomfortable on longer trips. It does great in the snow, even in 2 wheel. As for convenience features it has a lot to be desired - no storage areas other than the glovebox and a small compartment between the front seats. You have to stretch to reach temperature controls as they sit low on the dash. It's a good vehichle for short trips, but not the best family car to purchase.

First time Jeep buyer
By SUVLOVER on 01/13/08 14:02 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, the ride is nice. The mileage is better than I expected. I get 23 miles to the gallon, but these are mainly hwy miles since I commute to work. I love the style and to get a 4WD drive for $20,000 with all the features. I bought it used with 3,000 miles on it. I feel I got a very good deal. I traded my Camry because we are moving to the mountains I gave up some luxury, but there is no way my Camry could have handled the mountains.

Don't Buy One!!
By Don't Recommend One! on 10/05/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned numerous Chrysler products and this is the last one! Chrysler will not stand behind their vehicle as I have had the Jeep in four times for a surging issue which they cannot fix. Chrysler does not seem concerned to make it right either. The last three Chrylsers have ALL had transmission issues and this Liberty is no exception. If you buy any Chrysler and have any problems, do not expect the company to stand behind their products....because they won't!

Love my Liberty
By LOVE MY LIBERTY on 08/07/07 18:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had a 2005 Rocky Mountain Edition and traded it in for my 2007. I love it. The seats are more comfortable than 2005 and got all the options. Actually have better gas mileage this time around.

Very Happy with '06 Liberty Sport
By K-Roc on 07/28/07 06:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Liberty handles very well on all types of road conditions. It corners well, and the suspension is less "bouncy" than many other SUVs that I've ridden in. With this vehicle I actually enjoyed driving in deep snow in upstate NY for the first time in 20 years! The Liberty has plenty of interior space for hauling items and is designed nicely. Overall, it is a rugged and fun vehicle to drive. Mileage is actually better in highway conditions (26-27 mpg) than expected.

Jeep forever
By Jeep Lover on 07/07/07 21:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my first Jeep. I love it and would'nt go back. I have already taken it up to the mountains and had some memorable fun with my son. I looked for a very long time at different outfits and I kept coming back to the Liberty. I bought the sport but am very happy that if I want to later on I can add anything I would like to it and have it have the factory look. It handles great and has great get up and go. Coming from a girl who had a sports car I really love that. I love looking at it dirty or clean, it's perfect.

All American Vehicle
By Gregg Schoof on 07/05/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Initially, I had some doubts about an SUV, but the Jeep Liberty has convinced me otherwise. It is a very solid, reliable vehicle. Great in the snow. Nice seating position. Nice feature content. Needs a bit more refinement of materials and ergonomics on the inside. Hidden compartment in trunk area would be nice addition.

Best SUV
By imlostnow98 on 06/12/07 21:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted to get a 4x4 and it came down to Jeep or Land Rover. Land Rover's are overpriced and not any better than the Liberty. This is the best 4x4 you can buy. It handles great and is great on the trail. I have had no problems with it so far. Overall a great vehicle with excellent build quality and great trail rated capability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.