2007 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
not too bad
By jeepers on 09/06/08 01:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We too noticed right off the bat that the gas mileage was horrible: about 16 mpg average: we took our jeep to a great mechanic who laughed and said you need to understand that Chrysler uses crap parts: he started by lubing with amsoil synthetic, threw away crap spark plugs and installed Bosch Platinum +4's, nitrogen in the tires and now we average 25 mpg which is a great improvement. Dealership wanted $500.00 + to change spark plugs every 30k said would take 1 1/2 hour, they lied: mechanic showed me how easy it was, took 20 minutes and Bosch plugs are 100k mile plugs. Don't trust dealerships they steal your money.

Fix the windows
By Terie on 08/20/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's fun to drive, it hauls lots of stuff in the back, the seats aren't comfy at all and hard for a short person to adjust. The gas mileage should be better for the size, but I love the 6 cyl power. Why did my windows break at only 1 yr/6000mi and the dealer tells me "they always do that in Libertys" and Jeep has chosen to NOT address the issues? I will not buy another Jeep. The dealership told me we will continue to have to replace the widow assembly, because they always break. Now my dash is buckling. The dealer says it's because we live in the desert. Then why isn't it happening to our 2 other cars that are older?

Love My Liberty!
By Jennifer on 08/12/08 08:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Liberty Sept. 07 and have been in love with it ever since. Previously I had a Ford Focus which I disliked and wanted something bigger and better in the snow since I live in PA. It drives great in the snow and on anything you throw its way. Quick on the highway. Approx. 20 mpg which isn't awful but it would be nice if it was better. I'm not sure why people complain about the window controls. I had a Mercedes and they were in the same place. I like them there since the driver and passenger can control them. Comfortable driver seat. So much fun to drive. I'll never own anything other than a Jeep.

2007 Jeep Liberty Lover
By Theresa Brown on 07/24/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my jeep Liberty for almost a year. It's very quick on the highway. I drive from Burlington to Asheville twice a week and I love the way it handles on the drive up to the mountains. I get about 19-20 mph and it's ok since gas is $4.00 per gallon. I do have a problem with the electric windows and had to fix the drivers side window twice. It needed to be replaced. My back passenger window has also broke. They seem to not close properly and are not easily fixed. I checked for a recall but none yet. Overall I love my suv.

after a long line a jeeps, finally one.
By Jim S on 07/01/08 09:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Generally, I love my jeep. It's my 3rd, having had a 1991 Cherokee and a 1995 Grand Cherokee. I was initially sold only because of the warranty and features (the previous 2 had a lot of problems). Now, I'm really happy with it. It rides well off roads, is amazing in snow and mud, and drives reasonably on the road. It's been reliable, even compared to more "reliable" cars a few of my friends purchased at about the same time. The gas mileage seems to be about the same as my 5.2L V8 Grand Cherokee while being a good bit smaller. Also, the ground clearance is limited compared to my previous jeeps. which are my only complaints. Some complain about window controls, but I've had BMW's-same place :)

Love my Jeep
By Deb on 06/05/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep in Jan 07, and wanted to drive it for awhile before reviewing it. So far I am very happy with it. I live in the snow belt and drive a lot for work, it handled the snow with no problems. I always felt like it was holding the road and it went through anything I asked it to.I have no idea why the window controls are in the middle, and wish the cup holders & shifter were reversed but not a big deal. I looked @ Toyota, Honda, & Chevy but think I made the best choice for the money. My husband bought a Ranger but now wants my Jeep, we race for the keys. Over all I can't find anything I really don't like, & my next one will be the new model with the huge sunroof. Great little SUV.

Loves to Drink Gas
By Valerie on 06/04/08 18:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Liberty 6 months ago, and even though I love driving it, I'm thinking of trading it in. With the soaring gas prices, and the way this SUV loves to drink it, it is costing me a lot of money in gas. It is very cute and I love the way it handles. There is plenty of room for the kids in the back, and I like the way that the back door opens. As I read in other reviews, the glove box is small...there is however, a slot over it that holds the owners manual. I don't like where the window controls are located and they would be better on the doors. To sum it up, however, it is a cute, fun to drive vehicle that has a lot of pep. I would recommend it if you can afford the gas.

Decent SUV overall
By bryce1984 on 05/13/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall nice SUV. Perfect for a little family looking for something safe. Ours has over 15k and we have not had any problems. The ac seems to struggle in the hot desert summer as well the windows do seem to struggle at times. We love the power and the versatility of the Liberty. The gas mileage isn't the best but what can you expect from a V6 SUV? It gets about the same as my 2000 Nissan Maxima (AVG 20) I wasn't fond of the body style but my wife loved it and it is growing on me. For the price you can't go wrong. It's our first Jeep so we'll see if we can run it for 10 years like I know they are capable of.

Good rugged SUV
By Frans on 04/05/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted car that was rugged and could stand bumps without feeling that you damaged something. The ride is rugged and smooth, so is the auto shifting. Gas mileage is poor 17-20 mpg (with the cost of gas. The storage capability is also poor (glove box is small and so it the front storage bin).

Love it!
By Mary on 04/04/08 13:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my little liberty! My first car was a '91 Cherokee and I, had until now, been unable to find something that compared to that car. This is it! It is fun to drive, comfortable, quick and cute! I wanted a manual and had to search high and low to get it but I did. the gas mileage is very good highway, not so great in the city though. My only complaint is that there is rust on the rims and the car is still only 5 months old. The dealership says they will paint it, so right now I am battling them to have them completely replaced. Other that than that I am in LOVE with my car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.