Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Liberty
By Gotjeep

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well no complaint's, fuel mileage could be a little better but when compared with similar vehicles at least I can leave the pavement. I don't see any issue's with the steering and the body roll on corners is perfectly acceptable. The ability to tow up to 5000 lbs is awesome(more then my friend's trailblazer is rated for..) The 3.7 engine is a v6 version of the 4.7 in my Grand Cherokee, very simple to work on and in the Liberty the engine bay actually has room! For the feature's and price I would say its well rounded off. The little loss in the drive quality on pavement is more the forgiven for what she can do off- road. Love the solid rear axle and the IFS handles her own.

Comfortable and given her over all size the interior space was managed well. Off-road capable but the Rack n Pinion steering is nice on the road so she don't drive like a pick-up. Towing Capacity Solid 4WD System, Select-Trac has been proven for 20+YRS Rear Window's go all the way down.

Would like to have seen 25 mpg Highway but I can live with the 21/22. 6 SPD Manual should have been offered on the Limited. Would love to see the rear hatch window go down.

Surprisingly good
By Jim S

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi, I bought my jeep as my first new car. It's been reliable, has a great 4wd system that allows shift on the fly at 50 mph! It's the limited with all the bells and whistles - which is the only downfall. Though a steal price versus options, the premium sound doesn't play mp3's and the roof rack system is a step down from the Cherokee. The trunk is small. But, it's reliable, does well both on and off the road, through snow, mud, and cities. parking is excellent as it's the size of civic. handling is very sharp and acceleration is good

handling, parking, acceleration, luxury features, simplicity

needs more storage space, better roof rack system and the stereo should play mp3's

Power Windows
By 2nd Liberty

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep Liberty. In the 3 years that I have had this Liberty, I have had the window regulators replaced 6 times. I asked to have all replaced at the same time and was told NO this cannot be done. It's a known flaw with the 2006 and 2007 Liberty and supposed to be recalled soon. In the mean time, if you are experiencing my pain call Chrysler. They are listening to the consumer. The dealers are mere puppets that have no power to do anything other than fix whats broken. Chrysler is honoring their commitment to do right by their customers.

I love how high I sit in my Liberty, the heated seats in the winter, sound system, sun roof, and for a short person it's a comfortable ride.

5th window
By lilmeggiant

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm probably gonna trade in that piece of junk since it was the 5th or 6th time my windows have fallen down. its so frustrating have to pay 100.00 with my warranty in order to fix something that isn't my fault in the first place. the first 3 times where covered under warranty completely. ugh this car cost a fortune it's so not worth it. the cars blue book is going down so quickly. I wont buy jeep again unless its a build prior to the last couple of take overs. wow i might even see what Toyota has as long as the brakes work of course.

smooth on the road

get better pieces of equipment to move windows up and down. how about a manual i would prefer that over this. man i will probably get robbed thanks jeep really appreciate your cheap solution and expensive vehicle

Windows all have now broken
By ebrooks

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, you read it right. Another stinking Jeep Liberty whose windows have broken due to an obvious flaw of the manufacturer. Will they pay for it? Absolutely not! So then why should I ever want to deal with these morons ever again? They don't even stand behind their product. All I can say is don't ever buy a Jeep period. I sure the heck won't. If you insist on buying one, even though you have been warned, don't dare try and roll down the damn window or you will be out a lot of money.

Don't know, too mad about the windows.

Fix the windows! Please just fix the damn windows!