2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Okay but wouldn't buy it again
By pbrowan on 01/03/09 18:52 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Windows stick. Required dealership repair. Glass on from windshield broke. Cause of break is not apparent/obvious. the cabin gives no protection from road noise, wind noises, etc Makes for a very noisy ride. Stereo system is mediocre (at best).

07 Jeep Liberty 4WD 3.7L
By Mike on 01/02/09 06:25 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

No problems yet with windows. But I pulled a car out of a ditch and guess what? No tow hooks or solid bumper to put a chain on! All plastic, this is a Jeep right? Just enough room to fit a nice 8 pointer in! Fun to drive in the woods and mud.

IT'S A JEEP !
By RHW on 12/17/08 14:26 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I like this liberty, it's my first. I've owned cherokees, grand cherokees, wranglers and good 'ol cj's. Every one did what I expected and nothing I didn't. Some of these reviews whine about fuel mileage or ride comfort, if you want 50 mpg and a soft ride.... Buy a prius! Of course you'll get stuck on wet Grass and wreck it in a 2 inch deep road rut! I bought a Jeep to use like a Jeep! The liberty gets acceptable mileage considering the gearing / suspension / aerodynamics of the vehicle and the ride is good for something that has the off road abilities it does! Fine auto/ deserves the Jeep name !

Fun but Maybe Unsafe
By KAP 10 on 12/06/08 19:00 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had my liberty for a year and a half and absolutely loved it, minus a few problems with the windows. However, I recently ran off the road, hit a culvert, took a nose dive, and then flipped. My airbags did not go off, even thought I took a nose dive. Also, my seat belt never locked. The car did holdup well and all 4 doors still opened easily, even though I ended up up side down. But the seat belt should have at least locked, this was very dangerous.

Electric Window Problems
By Bones on 11/30/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I too have had problems with my electric windows. Have had the car exactly 1 year now three of my windows have broke on me. Ridiculous that so many of us have repeatedly experienced the same problem, but no fix actions have been taken. Have heard many negative reviews about Chrysler products and this is making me think twice about purchasing another one. Several of the fitting for the outside plastic trim were also broken and the trim loose when sold to me. Again, quality control really needs to be addressed.

question please help me
By victoria on 11/28/08 11:52 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 2007 Jeep liberty sport and I love it so far the gas last for a long time and its so fun to drive! The sound system is great and I love that its so roomy but their is on thing! How do you turn the air bag on the passengar side I cant figure it out at all? the manul dosent say.. Help me plz

Love my Libertry
By sccoast1700 on 11/02/08 05:19 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I drive my Liberty 25000 miles /year. I can get 25 mpg on the highway if I use cruise control and keep the speed at 70. About 21 mpg around town. I is very comfortable on a long trip. Lots of cargo space. Very reliable so far. I've had it for a year and bought it used. I would definitely buy another one.

Bad Brakes
By Dmcdonough on 11/01/08 10:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 07 Liberty is a great vehicle. Window regulator broke too, but they fixed it. I've had the car since Oct 07 and have 23,000 miles. Took it in for NYS insp. and found I needed new pads and rotors. Mechanic said it shouldn't have done that.I'm pretty easy on the brakes and that isn't a lot of miles. Cost me over $300 for just the front brakes. Chrysler should be ashamed for making inferior parts for such a nice vehicle. Talked to several mechanics and they all said the brakes on the Liberty are really bad. I am disappointed in that. The gas mileage isn't that great either. Agree that the window controls shouldn't be in center console.

Bad Windows
By Janet G on 10/09/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love our Liberty. We take it just about everywhere, yet the windows on the driver side no longer work. The window lost its ability to go up and down and will be expensive to have it fixed. I tried searching for recalls but to no avail. I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem. The problem with the windows is a vehicle problem and not the owner's fault.

Don't buy major defects in Windows
By Reba Maybe on 09/19/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car new. Since February 2007 the window regulators (parts that Hold up the windows) have been repaired 5 times. Many people have this problem with Jeeps--years 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and waiting to see if 2008 does too. Contacted Chrysler and they told me they had no info about a permanent fix. Not helpful at all. The car is a lemon! Also stain resistant seats are not stain resistant. Many owners spill water on seat (like me) and water leaves a brown stain on the stain resistant seats. What a joke.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.