2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
love my Liberty
By Henry on 08/16/09 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Lots of power and drives nice , I got 21.9 miles a gallon on my last fill up . I have had it 3 months with no problems.

My toy
By A. Klepp on 07/04/09 18:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my liberty in 08 off the lot its Great in the winter and amazing tow cap pulld an empty tracor trailer up a 30%grade to get him off the road after he got stuck in the snow and was blocking trafic. granted i was in low gear but i dont get out and push any any more. who needs an F150 HEMI when you have a JEEP

2007 Jeep Liberty 4/4
By Mary Dee on 06/08/09 21:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The steering is very hard and am not crazy about the tire on the back. The heat controls take a while before going to the selected temperature. Not the best gas mileage either. I paid for built in blou tooth and when I received the vehicle it was installed and not built in. I am still very disappointed with that. I'm not sure that this vehicle is a good value for the money I paid. I've had it since Sept 2007 and All in all to date its an ok vehicle.

Could use some improvement
By Colorado on 05/20/09 21:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall my Liberty has been a decent vehicle. Handles mountain snowstorms with ease. Like everyone else I have had issues with window regulators failing. Also had to replace the transmission after only 30k miles. Gas mileage isn't great but no surprise with an SUV.

Great Car for what it is
By Mark on 05/03/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

If you want a small SUV that has great off-road capability and still provides a decent city and highway ride, this is it. I think the folks that have complained about Chrysler standing behind their vehicle should probably look at their dealership. I have had exceptional warranty service.

Jeepers Update
By Jeepers on 04/25/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well, we now have had problems with a window regulator. Luckily, the dealership replaced one with the new updated model that corrects the defect. Although the dealership would not use the word defective. Our mileage continues to be great after the syn lubes, PI in the tank, Costco Michelin tires with nitrogen. 25 mpg not too bad for 4x4. We cannot thank our Master mechanic enough for recreating our Jeep with great parts like Bosch Platinum+4 100,000 mile spark plugs and Amsoil synthetic lubes. We change oil only once a year now, we like that. And under the Magnuson-Moss act of 1974 syn. extended oil changes cannot void warranties. If the dealership says otherwise they are lying.

Fun vehicle, needs improvement
By Jeep fan on 04/11/09 23:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Obviously the Jeep is geared for power not for mileage so any aftermarket improvements you can make will help the mileage. Never use Goodyear tires as their rolling resistance is horrible. 20% of the Jeeps energy is wasted just on tire rolling resistance. We use Michelin tires and that helps greatly. A friend uses synthetic lubes throughout and a cold air intake by K&N. The new Liberties are way to boxy and just don't seem to have the heart of the earlier Liberties... Others may disagree but that is my take. With some aftermarket improved parts you will have a better performing vehicle with better gas mileage.

Update
By Bryce on 03/12/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a follow up review (2 years old 30k miles). Overall we still enjoy the Liberty. It is an average small SUV but the american manufacturing is definitely show through. Still under warranty so all window regulators have been replaced at least once, some twice. Seats are very uncomfortable on long road trips (very little lumbar support). MPG is actually pretty decent for a V6 3.7L on road trips, city MPG is horrible (16 city 25 highway). Decent amount of cargo with seats folded down. We have enjoyed it so far but won't buy another. This is our first American car and we have decided to stick with foreign.

Good overall SUV
By Bearall on 03/12/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Is a great vehicle if not for the window regulator issue. Windows can fail at any time especially in hot climates. Rides very well, little disappointed in gas economy but otherwise has been a great little SUV.

Jeepers Keepers
By Greg Krar on 02/15/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've recently purchased a used 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport and have enjoyed the driving experience. This Jeep offers a solid ride with great sight lines - almost no blind spots. The Jeep handles any road conditions - I live in a snow belt area and the smooth shift-on-the-fly 4X4 feature makes for confident and safe driving on the worst of roads. This vehicle handles well in both highway and city driving. It offers tons of space inside but is easy to park on a downtown street. The sound system is good, all dash board controls are within convenient reach, and the center located window controls are a neat idea. The back tailgate/window set up is unique and works like a charm! This Jeep is a keeper!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.