Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

What's up with the windows?
By fdzi

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2007 Jeep Liberty in late 2006. I have had EVERY one of the window regulators replaced! Initialy they we all covered by the warranty. 2 days ago my rear drivers window regulator went AGAIN. That makes 5 windows needing repair in 3 1/2 years. This time I have 40,000 miles and the dealer said it is not covered by warranty. I have been trying to get Chrysler to fix it for fee as I have NEVER had a car with window issues like this. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Car looks great, drives well, has been otherwise reliable.

I have searched the web and found THOUSANDS of people with the same window issue. Fix the issue already!

BAD Windows
By B Harris

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wife needed a new car get her through the snow. If you lived on the east cost last winter you know that a VW Beetle would have been useless. Highly upset with Jeep. We have had this car not even a year. It has less than 45,000 Miles on it we replace the front driver side 3 mos a go. This week we had to replace the front passenger side and on the way home from the stealership the back passenger side broke. Stealership hit me for 400 bucks, I called the Jeep headquarters and complained they were looking into getting me some assistance on getting the back window fixed--I want my money back.. this car sucks gas and your time

Jeep needs to reimburse their customers who have had to pay to get this JEEP problem fixed. They know they are wrong for such a poor product

Windows
By Dan

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just like everyone else I have window problems as well, bought the Jeep 1 year old with 33k, front drivers window broke at 35,500, lucky it didn't wait another week or two or it wouldn't have been covered under warranty. Have around 54k right now and drivers rear window is broken, Have to put cardboard between seal and window to keep it up. This window was never used. Use the two front window very rarely as I can tell they are just about to break when they go up, oh and the front drivers window regulator was replace a year and a half ago and breaking again? high quality. Plan on calling Chrysler to see if they will pay due to lack of recall for some reason.

Handles well in snow.

windows and maybe after that try to get the windows right again.

Never again
By monevasia

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Very uncomfortable ride..too harsh for day to day driving unless you are driving on freshly paved road. Window regulators have been a nightmare. Every time I took it in for a warranty repair they would just lubricate and adjust it. As soon as warranty ran out the only solution was full replacement at my cost. This is the main reason why I would not buy another Jeep or Chrysler product, crooks. BTW I did go to 3 different dealerships while under warranty, not one would replace these defective regulators. As you can see from this forum and many other Jeep sites, this has been a known defect for a long time.

4WD drive is great in the winter.

Improve ride quality. Improve gas mileage. Bring back a Diesel motor option for the Liberty.

The good and the bad
By dean8868

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought in 2007 because we wanted a larger vehicle. Needed something to drive in the winter in case I got rid of my wrangler with 200,000 miles on it, and a rebuilt motor. Think we bought it because of four wheel drive and it looked nice. Gas mileage is decent. You will get pissed because it is not very comfortable (didn't expect my wrangler to be) this is because the seats are cheaply designed, and will stain if a rain drop comes through the window or you're drinking a bottled water. Good luck if you have kids. Until I wrote this review I didn't know that the power Windows were a problem. I had the back regulator replaced on the drivers side. This window was hardly ever used. Air con drain tube leak at shop now.

looks, 4wd, 4 wheel disc brakes, decent power/ gas mileage on highway,nice wheels

Replace the seats with what you have in the patriot. They are great and won't stain. Put a 110 V power outlet in the vehicle. Pay to have seats cleaned and stain proofed