2007 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
A Jeep That Does It All
By Don on 03/12/10 18:40 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Liberty, I bought my first one in 2004, (the window regulator wasn't an issue in that model). I love the Liberty for its carlike/suv appearance and towing capabilities. I am averaging 20-21+ mpg in combined city/highway driving. I bought the 2007 knowing that the window regulators were crap. However, it was still under factory warranty and I received such a good deal since it was a manufactures buyback that the savings made it worth the risk/hassle.

Fix The Window Regulator Problems!
By MicahW on 03/10/10 11:22 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

If you want a Jeep, buy a Jeep, but be prepared for about 14 - 16 mpg, and a company that won't toss you a dime for the window regulators that CONSTANTLY go out. I've had my Jeep for 6 months, in that time, 2 of the regulators have gone out. It's a $500 repair that Jeep won't cover that happens to every Jeep.

Exceeds our expectations
By RonK on 03/01/10 19:10 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is one excellent SUV. It has not needed anything but lube, oil and filter changes since we purchased it new in '07. Gas mileage averages 20+ MPG around town. The AC keeps us cool even in Tucson, AZ where we live. We also pull it behind our motorhome as it is so easy to disengage the drive train and get rolling. It rides like a car and is very quiet inside. The leather seats are comfortable and supportive. I installed a K&N air intake system and it increased the power while increasing MPG.

Love it but...
By Andrew on 02/15/10 02:16 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

First things first:This is a great 4x4 for off road use.It goes practically anywhere and I've never been stuck in it yet.It has power to spare.Goes like a bat out of hell when you need it to.Of course,it's a bit thirsty at the gas pump(mine gets 16mpg in town and 24 on the road)but it's worth it to have the great performance. My only real complaint about it is of course the crappy window regulators.Chrysler need to get off their buts and make a permanent solution for this problem pronto.Either that or they should fix those regulators for the life of the vehicle for free. Maybe some group of owners needs to file a Class Action Lawsuit over this problem?

Power Window Issues
By Power Window Issues on 01/26/10 10:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep in October of 09. It's an 07' model and in three months of ownership I've had my jeep into the dealership four times for repair to the power windows...specifically the Drivers side window but I've had problems with the passenger window as well. It appears that the issue is not with the dealership making the repairs, but with Chrysler supplying inadequate window regulators and plastic parts that don't hold up. I've written Chrysler with my concerns and have not yet received a response. I'm wondering if others that have experienced these window issues have been able to get corrective action from Chrysler? DK-

Piece of JUNK
By jdouglas218 on 12/29/09 19:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a loyal chrysler customer, that WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE! This is my third, including a new 300 off the show room floor, and have never been more angry with a purchase! The seats stain if water touches them, and the windows are a joke! The regulator is made of plastic and breaks every other day! I am so disappointed with chrysler and never plan on buying anything else from them once I get rid of this piece of crap!!! If you haven't purchased one spare yourself the hassle, you will spend more time having the windows fixed then you will get to drive the car!

Good for the winter...that's about it
By Ryan on 12/02/09 17:12 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I received this car as a company fleet vehicle and I must say while it is great car to have in the winter, driving it the rest of the year is just horrid. The car's suspension is really awful. Even in freeway driving there is so much bounce in the car it literally hurts my head. The sound system is not great and I've had some issues with the windows. On the positive side the power is respectable and its storage capability is nice.

big regret
By rmbrake on 10/15/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Seats stain if rain falls on it. Front window broke and on the way to fix it the back broke. Air only works half the time. Dealership replace compressor and still only works half the time. Small glove box poor gas mileage

Love it
By justin on 10/01/09 18:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep, I get 23 mpg and have few complaints. The window regulators will last longer if you clean out the track with a q-tip and then spray with a silicone lubricant.

Love it, but trading it in.
By Hampton, VA on 09/17/09 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 2007 Liberty, hate to let it go, but the factory warranty expires in Nov and I'm not impressed with the overall quality of the vehicle and will be trading it in this month. I've replaced five window regulators, and that's a lot of time sitting at dealerships, waiting for it to be fixed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.