Used 2007 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Like My Jeep
By Etown

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Intentions was not to buy the Jeep as a matter of fact, I say it on the show room floor like the color and the options so decided to buy. My wife looks straight ahead when she drives and because of that hits about every pot hole. The ruggedness of the vehicle is a plus. The first year took a 2000 mile trip and got right around 25.1 mpg. I change the oil every 3000 mile and rotate the tires every 5000. Got all five tires filled with nitrogen and it helps. Last year we went to Ocean City Maryland roughly 1200 miles and got 23- 24 mpg. Bought seat covers when we got it so no problem with stains. Also no problems with the windows. One door you can hear air when highway driving.

Like the ride when on the open road. My wife likes it because she sits up high. Smooth ride on smooth road otherwise it does have a truck feel when the roads are not smooth. My wife also likes the four wheel drive on snow covered roads

Leg and feet room for the passenger.

Window woes
By Pappy6

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Very poor pwr.window mechanism. Two windows have completely failed and expensive to repair and get replacement parts. Except from dealer with NO assistance from Chrysler whom is aware of the continuing problem.

size

Mfg. recall to replace faulty regulators that are sure to fail at some point.

Brakes N Windows
By hawaiiansnikers

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Jeep with 17,000 miles. At about 21,000 I had to replace the drivers side brakes. Two months later I had to replace the other side. My window broke when I was driving cross county. OMG the stains on the seats, simply from water?! The worst car I ever owned. I am happy I sold it last week.

Upholstery and Windows!
By Ragin' Cajun

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty Sport. Two issues: 1) The upholstery stains with just water. Turns out some IDIOT in materials took delivery of something that shouldn't have been used. Solution: periodically (yearly) steam clean your seats. 2) Window plastic support bracket (Piece 'O' $H!#) keeps breaking EVEN WITHOUT USE! Seems the regulators are OK, but the "plastic" bracket needs to be replaced with a metal one for $9.00. Google "steiger performance" for metal bracket and instructions. First one will take patience and time, but the others get easier.

2007 Jeep Liberty
By J Reed

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my liberty used with 36,000 miles on it last January. It now has 46,000. All my Windows have broken, when the back left door window broke it fell down inside my door & shattered ( this happened going down the road in the winter ) I have all of my Windows ratchet strapped up with the door panels off because its the only way to keep them from breaking because every time they are replaced. They break again. I though I would love this SUV but it has been a nightmare, I would not recommend a Jeep to anyone. Its a p. O. S. To put it nicely :) I will never buy or own another Jeep once I'm able to trade this one in.

NONE.

Windows and window motors! Also hate the seats, they stain from water drops.