2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Power Windows
By 2nd Liberty on 06/07/10 12:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep Liberty. In the 3 years that I have had this Liberty, I have had the window regulators replaced 6 times. I asked to have all replaced at the same time and was told NO this cannot be done. It's a known flaw with the 2006 and 2007 Liberty and supposed to be recalled soon. In the mean time, if you are experiencing my pain call Chrysler. They are listening to the consumer. The dealers are mere puppets that have no power to do anything other than fix whats broken. Chrysler is honoring their commitment to do right by their customers.

5th window
By lilmeggiant on 05/14/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm probably gonna trade in that piece of junk since it was the 5th or 6th time my windows have fallen down. its so frustrating have to pay 100.00 with my warranty in order to fix something that isn't my fault in the first place. the first 3 times where covered under warranty completely. ugh this car cost a fortune it's so not worth it. the cars blue book is going down so quickly. I wont buy jeep again unless its a build prior to the last couple of take overs. wow i might even see what Toyota has as long as the brakes work of course.

Windows all have now broken
By ebrooks on 05/13/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, you read it right. Another stinking Jeep Liberty whose windows have broken due to an obvious flaw of the manufacturer. Will they pay for it? Absolutely not! So then why should I ever want to deal with these morons ever again? They don't even stand behind their product. All I can say is don't ever buy a Jeep period. I sure the heck won't. If you insist on buying one, even though you have been warned, don't dare try and roll down the damn window or you will be out a lot of money.

Rear Window
By Laura G on 04/21/10 12:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I'm joining the club of broken rear window. Driving home last night6, went to roll up my back window ( I had it down a little bit, and I hear a loud bang. Sure enough. Rear window went out. I barely use the rear Windows. This is really upsetting that I am reading all the complaints and Jeep/Chrysler are not replacing these for free. I will never buy another Jeep. Way too costly. I bought it used, at end of 2009 30,0000 miles on it, but after 1 month the u-joint was bad. It was still under warranty, so the fix was free.

Window Regulator Problems Liberty 2007
By JM on 04/21/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Window regulator, window regulator, window regulator, at about $500 a piece, w/ the possibility of replacing all 4, not good, not good at all. What can I say, I expected more from Chrysler on a problem that seems to be very very common. Acknowledgment and reimbursement is probably a good idea, if not, Chrysler will probably lose many future customers.

Good Value
By Jim on 04/13/10 06:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Simple layout with a lot of features, great bang for the price Hi, I bought the car new because of the warranty and that it was the only one at this price with the features it has (leather, heated seats, etc). Three years later, the car has been good. The gas mileage is worse than my previous Grand Cherokee which had a V8. Though I've loaded it up with books to the roof (and then put suitcases on the roof) and it didn't really change the gas mileage. The car handles well off road, though the stock clearance and tires suck. I've never had an issue with the windows (I was told by a dealer that the last series of 2007's got the 2008's electrical system). Find a good dealership-it's the dif

windows? what windows?
By Ghost73 on 04/12/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the thing in August of 07. Windows have fallen down in the door 16 times! Yes 16 times! The dealership always fixed them for free. Then they claimed they have a new improved part. Windows kept falling. The last time it happened I got charged for it. I was told Chrysler had changed their policy. Hmm so I get penalized for their poor product. Sounds fair. I don't even roll the windows down. Yet they fall any way.

My jeep
By angela on 04/12/10 04:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't wait to get my jeep liberty. This is my 4th jeep and will be my last. Its been a great car except for the window regulators. The first one went out while traveling on vacation. The dealer I visited was awesome but the part was under warranty. The 2nd window just went out and I am very unhappy with the cost of the manufacture defect. If this is the expense I will have to incur I am looking to get rid of this jeep now. I refuse to own another one now.

windows
By terbear on 03/14/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty except for the frustration with the dealerships/manufacturer regarding the defective windows. To fix, you must buy a whole new window and regulator/gear combo. This is very expensive. I have replaced one, two are broken and wont stay up/ its raining and cold here and I have small children, and the fourth is chattering and will fail any day. I don't see why I have to pay when they admit they have a defective design which is why the whole window must be replaced. This is way to costly a repair for the consumer to bear. With whats happening with Toyota, you'd think they'd want to keep their customers happy.

Loving it less....
By Libby on 03/14/10 09:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep has been a great vehicle. Its easy to drive, easy to park, easy to see out of, and easy to get in and out of. Plenty of storage and travels well. If you want a plush ride, might not be for you, as its a real jeep. Not a disguised mini van. It's been rock solid except for the window issues. Trail rated perhaps should be turned to Tear rated. I love my Jeep, but I am really getting tired of having the windows repaired. It goes in tuesday for window repair #5. After owning a Wrangler, two Cherokee's and this, this Liberty will likely be my last Jeep as the window issues are souring the whole experience. Would give 9's on build and reliability if not for the windows.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.