2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Can't Go Wrong.
By Robert on 06/03/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Looking for a small/mid-size SUV that really is a Sport Utility Vehicle? They're are very few choices left, and the Liberty has always been a front-runner. The right combination of Old-School tried and true Jeep four wheeler know-how, and a good helping of modern safety, capability, and convenience additions. It's not my first Jeep, but it is my favorite so far. I have the 2007 Latitude Edition, and love the combinations of features and pricing. Only thing I miss? Mine doesn't have the overhead trip-computer, oh well. Overall a great vehicle. Styling has held up extremely well since the introduction, and if you don't like the "BOX" trend that Jeep's following, get one now while you can.

Second Jeep Liberty
By gene333 on 05/11/07 14:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Jeep Liberty. The "2007" Limited model has all the bells. Again it's fun to drive and can still handle a sizable load. The 200" came with Sirius radio for a year and so far a great addition. It is also equiped with the above center console. Love the temperature and direction indicator. It also has the tire air presure electronic gauge. With the incentives at the time it's hard to pass up against the crowded SUV field.

Great buy even for a big guy
By Jkain on 04/25/07 11:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

In a sea of poor decisions I make a good one. Best thing I've done. Rides great, has power, very nimble and great for any necessary off-roading that may come up. Not to mention I'm saving over a hundred bucks a month. I have a small family and it works for them too. Very stylish interior and the chrome accents really round of the exterior. Jeep had me at honk-honk

Great SUV!
By Jeep lover on 04/20/07 21:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have about 1000 miles on the Liberty. So far most of the driving has been in the city. To date the city driving mpg has been 17. Overall we are very happy with the new jeep. My first jeep and the way things are going it won't be our last.

2007 Jeep Liberty 6 speed 4x4
By paullgj on 04/15/07 18:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've been four wheeling in Chevy pickups since 1967. Well, time for a change, went to a Jeep Liberty 6 speed. It is much easier to drive. Where the Chevy used brute strength - torque and ground clerance to clear obstacles, the Jeep does it by finesse - the coil spring suspension conforms to the terrain providing traction. I love the 6 speed - nice and tight and a good feel. It is very European - snick, snick, snick as I run through the gears. The Liberty is set up for off-road - good articultion and little front or rear overhang. It is not a cross-over car-based SUV like the Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4 - it should not be compared to them in terms of fuel economy and ride.

Second Time Around
By Tycho on 04/03/07 16:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Liberty. I traded a 2004 Limited up for a fully loaded 2007 Limited. The incentives were great, and so was the trade. The new car has improved gas mileage, and greater creature comforts than my 2004 model: these include 6-disc CD player, Sirius radio, leather seats, sun roof, on the wheel radio controls. It is comfortable on good roads and on bad roads. Handling is easy. Seems a bit higher off the road than the 2004 model, and the back seats now go down flat so as to open up the rear for more cargo (which for me includes a 75 pound dog). Plenty of space in the cargo area with the seats down. Great car.

Happy Owner
By JH on 02/28/07 08:37 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun vehicle. I have the 6 speed manual. The gas mileage isn't too bad if you're on the highway in 6th and running 2WD. With 4WD and driving hard in the snow the gas mileage suffers, but the capabilities of this vehicle in the snow make up for it. 4WD LO range for shows this is a true offroad capable Jeep. Most of the competition is car based. I wish Jeep would keep going in this direction for its new vehicles, but it looks like they're trending towards more carlike lower profile vehicles with the (Dodge/Chrysler) short side windows. Get one while you can.

Gas Pig
By JO on 02/01/07 11:34 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Well I think it is a nice vehicle so far. It's just hard to get over the 14.5 mpg it's getting. And thats driving it like a gentle baby. Hate to see how bad it would be if I were heavy footed.

Best Secret on the Road
By Rob on 12/29/06 15:43 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

If you need an SUV that can handle rough roads and give you a smooth ride there is no questions this is the best. I test drove every other SUV in this size range and above and kept coming back to the Liberty. I own one and have just ordered a second. It is great on the highway, tight cornering in the city and just tackles the rough roads like nobody's business. I've had my first one through 7, count 'em, 7 hurricanes in Florida. Deep flooded areas. Into the Everglades, down to the beach. Great to drive, no let me correct that FUN to drive. I've got over 120,000 miles and just getting another before they change the body style.

My second Jeep
By rich mercer on 11/25/06 08:56 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love it so much, I bought a second one and will buy a third because it meets the needs of my family living on a mountain. Handles tight hilly roads even in the sleet & snow. Roomy enough inside for my large frame. Covered expandable cargo area carries stuff from mulch to the larger unexpected garage sale treasure. My wife bought one too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.