2007 Jeep Liberty Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2007 Liberty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Sort Reviews by

whats going on with my car!? please help
By mcvallee91

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr rwd for six months now, previously was used as lease and rental vehicle. since purchasing the vehicle, I have replaced the brake light housing, front right window, and motor and regulator to front driver side window. Just this evening my vehicle stalled on me. It is an automatic vehicle and I always change the oil just shy of 3,000 miles using mid grade oil. Anyone having similar problems? why is my car stalling?

I hold a record!
By libertysux

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Liberty in 2007, and I currently hold the record at the dealership....14 times to fix the windows. The warranty covered the first 6 times or so, but when it expired I have to pay a "$100.00 for mfg ins.", then a year later I was told the Mfg will fix the windows until 2014. YAY? Six weeks ago I have all 4 windows replaced with "updated" parts meaning metal, well last week I took it in (time # 14) to have the back driver side fixed. My question is does someone have to get hurt before this problem is addressed, does a window have to fall out on the freeway and do damage to another, what, what will it take? Maybe a class action suite? there's a thought. HELP US!!

FYI all 2007 jeep owners...
By fafe013

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We all know the problems with the windows are terrible. Luckily I recently received a letter in the mail saying the windows will be warrantied for 7 years from the break date! YAY, I got all my money back from the 7 times my 07 jeep liberty has broken. I hate this car so much. It is a nightmare. Water stains the seats, they hold absolutely no value what so ever. NEVER BUY A JEEP! The gas will also break your wallet, I am lucky if I get 5 miles to the gallon. No joke, I work 7 miles from my house and it costs me 10$ a day there and back! AHHH

Brakes N Windows
By hawaiiansnikers

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Jeep with 17,000 miles. At about 21,000 I had to replace the drivers side brakes. Two months later I had to replace the other side. My window broke when I was driving cross county. OMG the stains on the seats, simply from water?! The worst car I ever owned. I am happy I sold it last week.

Bad Windows
By Florencia

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Don't get me started on the Jeep windows. I'm sick and tired of paying $100.00 each time one of the windows break. We had to replace the windows 6 times since we got the vehicle in 2007. I will never buy Jeep again. I tell everyone I know not to buy Jeep.

Favorite Features

None since the windows starting breaking just a couple of months after buying a brand new vehicle for an ungodly amount of money.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a refund please.

Windows
By taurus84

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my Jeep but my only problem is the defect in the Windows! I bought my Jeep in '08 and the same year one of the Windows fell just the other day either the same or opposite rear window fell again. They just need to do a recall already!

Power Windows
By 2nd Liberty

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep Liberty. In the 3 years that I have had this Liberty, I have had the window regulators replaced 6 times. I asked to have all replaced at the same time and was told NO this cannot be done. It's a known flaw with the 2006 and 2007 Liberty and supposed to be recalled soon. In the mean time, if you are experiencing my pain call Chrysler. They are listening to the consumer. The dealers are mere puppets that have no power to do anything other than fix whats broken. Chrysler is honoring their commitment to do right by their customers.

Favorite Features

I love how high I sit in my Liberty, the heated seats in the winter, sound system, sun roof, and for a short person it's a comfortable ride.

windows? what windows?
By Ghost73

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the thing in August of 07. Windows have fallen down in the door 16 times! Yes 16 times! The dealership always fixed them for free. Then they claimed they have a new improved part. Windows kept falling. The last time it happened I got charged for it. I was told Chrysler had changed their policy. Hmm so I get penalized for their poor product. Sounds fair. I don't even roll the windows down. Yet they fall any way.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

everything

after a long line a jeeps, finally one.
By Jim S

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Generally, I love my jeep. It's my 3rd, having had a 1991 Cherokee and a 1995 Grand Cherokee. I was initially sold only because of the warranty and features (the previous 2 had a lot of problems). Now, I'm really happy with it. It rides well off roads, is amazing in snow and mud, and drives reasonably on the road. It's been reliable, even compared to more "reliable" cars a few of my friends purchased at about the same time. The gas mileage seems to be about the same as my 5.2L V8 Grand Cherokee while being a good bit smaller. Also, the ground clearance is limited compared to my previous jeeps. which are my only complaints. Some complain about window controls, but I've had BMW's-same place :)

Favorite Features

Generally, it a reliable machine that handles well when you want an SUV to act live an SUV - in the snow and off road. The best deal in the price range with the best warranty and the only one with luxury features like heated seats and leather

Suggested Improvements

Improve the fuel economy, maybe make is a little bit longer and improve the ground clearance.

Wished we hadn't gotten it.
By JuJu'sMama

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle as a replacement for a 2003 Hyundai Elantra. With a new baby we needed more room. The 2007 Jeep Liberty Limited is not the vehicle for a growing family. The owner's manual doesn't even fit in the glovebox (there's no storage). The trunk is very tiny. I thought I could live with the back hinge door, but its annoying and heavy. We have had a lot of problems with the front windows not rolling up properly and have taken it to the dealership 3 times, they basically can't fix it. The gas mileage is terrible. I get 18 mpg. The doors don't close properly, you have to slam them shut. It's not comfortable on a long trip. Wish we hadn't bought it!

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, where the controls are located on the steering wheel, style of vehicle, not badly priced

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, more storage, cup holders for back passengers oddly located, fix front windows so they don't get stuck, back hidge for trunk (should continue with lift gate like 2008 model)