Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

its a jeep!
By starrdog

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

bought the car with 74000 miles. the ride is a bit rough compared to other suv's. comfortable but the drivers seat should be better. pretty nice interior and exterior. power is good so is the torque. i think it would feel better including the steering feel with wider tires. its a jeep so the ruggedness is there. i like it because an suv should drive and feel like an suv. it shouldn't drive like a car thats how you can drive beyond the capacity of your vehicle and make mistakes like an accident. i dont think you will be disappointed with this suv. the seat do stain so be careful . outside of that its a very cool very good suv that does everything pretty good.

Favorite Features

more rugged looking than others, nice clean exterior, great engine, power/torque, friendly interior, true off road vehicle, good everyday driver.

Suggested Improvements

seats. seat materials, better driving position, wider tires.

My 2007 Jeep Liberty
By juliaann28

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Liberty for almost 2 years now. As far as reliability, its been a great SUV. I have had two of my window regulators replaced (no cost to me). And have noticed how easy the interior is to stain. Not my favorite vehicle I've ever owned, but a decent one.

Favorite Features

4x4 is great.

Suggested Improvements

Get the problems with the windows fixed right. Change the interior in new models.

Life Time Warranty does not mean Life Time Warrenty
By 2007liberty

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Back in 2007 our family purchased 2 Jeep Liberties. Our Limited has about 51,000 miles. The trans went on it. Now, we have a Life Time Warranty on it so we thought we were covered. Nope! It needed to be inspected for our warranty to count? No where on the contract does it state this. Do not trust your contracts. This company will find ways around for filling them. We're never buying a Jeep again. They just lost over 20 people in our family who have bought Jeeps in the past but will never buy them again in the future.

Suggested Improvements

Don't lie to your costumers and you'll stay in business. :D Life time means life time. Not, one year. Not five years. Not ten years. Not twenty years. Not fifty years. LIFE TIME OF THE VEHICLE!!!!

It loves the snow!!!
By crimson2

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Liberty 4x4 over a year ago because I tore up my sports car in the winter of 2010/2011. I figured I would wait to see how things went before writing the review. My only issue to date was a ignition switch went out to the tune of 1300.00 as it and the steering column are one piece. No window issues, but seat stains are as described in the reviews. Nothing seat covers wont fix. Now for winter reliability.... This is where this thing shines!!!!! on 02/21/13 The KC area got about 7in of snow in 4 hours. Just about every other vehicle was on the side of the road, as I passed right on through unplowed streets, I felt like a Boss.... The clearance and part time 4wd took me everywhere!!!

Favorite Features

Ground clearance, 4x4, ability to conquer snow like it wasnt even there...

Suggested Improvements

Seat materials, window issues, and maybe a little more comfortable seats while your at it.

Mixed Emotions
By maddogca

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Mechanically, I haven't had one issue with the vehicle. The vehicle has never left me stranded and it has always sent me from Point A to Point B. I have never had a problem with the windows like many here mentioned and I have never had a problem with the electronics of the vehicle. My biggest issue is with the interior. Not only do the seats get uncomfortable after a while, but anything can stain the seats! And I mean ANYTHING! Pour water on them, and you have a nasty dark mark all over it. The gas mileage is also terrible on this vehicle. If I knew I was going to get such terrible gas mileage, I would've gotten a Grand Cherokee. Never getting a Liberty.