Used 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Window problems
By GerryR

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep with only 17,000 miles on it. The drvers window had problems right away. I have to help it up or it goes crooked. Soon after that the passenger side started doing the same. In the last 3 months both rear windows have broken and fallen into the door. I have them propped up and they are unuseable. I cant believe there has not been a recall on this as there are hundreds if not thousands of complaints.I cant believe that Jeep would put out such a faulty product and do nothing to fix it. I will not buy another one.

Suggested Improvements

Windows. Windows . Windows

Window woes
By Pappy6

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Very poor pwr.window mechanism. Two windows have completely failed and expensive to repair and get replacement parts. Except from dealer with NO assistance from Chrysler whom is aware of the continuing problem.

Favorite Features

size

Suggested Improvements

Mfg. recall to replace faulty regulators that are sure to fail at some point.

Upholstery and Windows!
By Ragin' Cajun

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty Sport. Two issues: 1) The upholstery stains with just water. Turns out some IDIOT in materials took delivery of something that shouldn't have been used. Solution: periodically (yearly) steam clean your seats. 2) Window plastic support bracket (Piece 'O' $H!#) keeps breaking EVEN WITHOUT USE! Seems the regulators are OK, but the "plastic" bracket needs to be replaced with a metal one for $9.00. Google "steiger performance" for metal bracket and instructions. First one will take patience and time, but the others get easier.

2007 Jeep Liberty
By J Reed

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my liberty used with 36,000 miles on it last January. It now has 46,000. All my Windows have broken, when the back left door window broke it fell down inside my door & shattered ( this happened going down the road in the winter ) I have all of my Windows ratchet strapped up with the door panels off because its the only way to keep them from breaking because every time they are replaced. They break again. I though I would love this SUV but it has been a nightmare, I would not recommend a Jeep to anyone. Its a p. O. S. To put it nicely :) I will never buy or own another Jeep once I'm able to trade this one in.

Favorite Features

NONE.

Suggested Improvements

Windows and window motors! Also hate the seats, they stain from water drops.

Another bad regulator, well, three
By Darryl

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

While I haven't taken my Liberty to the dealership 16 times for regulator repairs like one poor fellow, I have been inconvenienced three times so far and the vehicle only has 37,000 miles. And I thought three regulator repairs was too many! I wonder what's going to happen 20,000 miles from now three more regulator repairs? What's crazy is that my 1990 Nissan Sentra had zero, absolutely zero manufacturing issues yet was 17 years older.

Favorite Features

The exterior look.

Suggested Improvements

Surprise, surprise...the window regulators. Chrysler's window engineers should be ashamed of engineering such junk.