2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Window problems
By GerryR on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep with only 17,000 miles on it. The drvers window had problems right away. I have to help it up or it goes crooked. Soon after that the passenger side started doing the same. In the last 3 months both rear windows have broken and fallen into the door. I have them propped up and they are unuseable. I cant believe there has not been a recall on this as there are hundreds if not thousands of complaints.I cant believe that Jeep would put out such a faulty product and do nothing to fix it. I will not buy another one.

Window woes
By Pappy6 on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Very poor pwr.window mechanism. Two windows have completely failed and expensive to repair and get replacement parts. Except from dealer with NO assistance from Chrysler whom is aware of the continuing problem.

Upholstery and Windows!
By Ragin' Cajun on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty Sport. Two issues: 1) The upholstery stains with just water. Turns out some IDIOT in materials took delivery of something that shouldn't have been used. Solution: periodically (yearly) steam clean your seats. 2) Window plastic support bracket (Piece 'O' $H!#) keeps breaking EVEN WITHOUT USE! Seems the regulators are OK, but the "plastic" bracket needs to be replaced with a metal one for $9.00. Google "steiger performance" for metal bracket and instructions. First one will take patience and time, but the others get easier.

2007 Jeep Liberty
By J Reed on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my liberty used with 36,000 miles on it last January. It now has 46,000. All my Windows have broken, when the back left door window broke it fell down inside my door & shattered ( this happened going down the road in the winter ) I have all of my Windows ratchet strapped up with the door panels off because its the only way to keep them from breaking because every time they are replaced. They break again. I though I would love this SUV but it has been a nightmare, I would not recommend a Jeep to anyone. Its a p. O. S. To put it nicely :) I will never buy or own another Jeep once I'm able to trade this one in.

Another bad regulator, well, three
By Darryl on 06/25/10 15:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

While I haven't taken my Liberty to the dealership 16 times for regulator repairs like one poor fellow, I have been inconvenienced three times so far and the vehicle only has 37,000 miles. And I thought three regulator repairs was too many! I wonder what's going to happen 20,000 miles from now three more regulator repairs? What's crazy is that my 1990 Nissan Sentra had zero, absolutely zero manufacturing issues yet was 17 years older.

Windows for Suckers
By sha2tia5 on 06/19/10 22:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I too had issues with Windows I was lucky enough to get rid of my Jeep, all in the matter of two days the ac goes out and the two rear Windows would not go up after just getting the front driver side window fixed beginning of this year and and year before that the same rear window that just went out, I will never again purchase a Jeep!

A Jeep That Does It All
By Don on 03/12/10 18:40 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Liberty, I bought my first one in 2004, (the window regulator wasn't an issue in that model). I love the Liberty for its carlike/suv appearance and towing capabilities. I am averaging 20-21+ mpg in combined city/highway driving. I bought the 2007 knowing that the window regulators were crap. However, it was still under factory warranty and I received such a good deal since it was a manufactures buyback that the savings made it worth the risk/hassle.

Power Window Issues
By Power Window Issues on 01/26/10 10:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep in October of 09. It's an 07' model and in three months of ownership I've had my jeep into the dealership four times for repair to the power windows...specifically the Drivers side window but I've had problems with the passenger window as well. It appears that the issue is not with the dealership making the repairs, but with Chrysler supplying inadequate window regulators and plastic parts that don't hold up. I've written Chrysler with my concerns and have not yet received a response. I'm wondering if others that have experienced these window issues have been able to get corrective action from Chrysler? DK-

Piece of JUNK
By jdouglas218 on 12/29/09 19:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a loyal chrysler customer, that WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE! This is my third, including a new 300 off the show room floor, and have never been more angry with a purchase! The seats stain if water touches them, and the windows are a joke! The regulator is made of plastic and breaks every other day! I am so disappointed with chrysler and never plan on buying anything else from them once I get rid of this piece of crap!!! If you haven't purchased one spare yourself the hassle, you will spend more time having the windows fixed then you will get to drive the car!

Update
By Bryce on 03/12/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a follow up review (2 years old 30k miles). Overall we still enjoy the Liberty. It is an average small SUV but the american manufacturing is definitely show through. Still under warranty so all window regulators have been replaced at least once, some twice. Seats are very uncomfortable on long road trips (very little lumbar support). MPG is actually pretty decent for a V6 3.7L on road trips, city MPG is horrible (16 city 25 highway). Decent amount of cargo with seats folded down. We have enjoyed it so far but won't buy another. This is our first American car and we have decided to stick with foreign.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.