2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
its a jeep!
By starrdog on 08/30/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

bought the car with 74000 miles. the ride is a bit rough compared to other suv's. comfortable but the drivers seat should be better. pretty nice interior and exterior. power is good so is the torque. i think it would feel better including the steering feel with wider tires. its a jeep so the ruggedness is there. i like it because an suv should drive and feel like an suv. it shouldn't drive like a car thats how you can drive beyond the capacity of your vehicle and make mistakes like an accident. i dont think you will be disappointed with this suv. the seat do stain so be careful . outside of that its a very cool very good suv that does everything pretty good.

My 2007 Jeep Liberty
By juliaann28 on 07/28/13 10:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Liberty for almost 2 years now. As far as reliability, its been a great SUV. I have had two of my window regulators replaced (no cost to me). And have noticed how easy the interior is to stain. Not my favorite vehicle I've ever owned, but a decent one.

Life Time Warranty does not mean Life Time Warrenty
By 2007liberty on 04/05/13 11:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Back in 2007 our family purchased 2 Jeep Liberties. Our Limited has about 51,000 miles. The trans went on it. Now, we have a Life Time Warranty on it so we thought we were covered. Nope! It needed to be inspected for our warranty to count? No where on the contract does it state this. Do not trust your contracts. This company will find ways around for filling them. We're never buying a Jeep again. They just lost over 20 people in our family who have bought Jeeps in the past but will never buy them again in the future.

It loves the snow!!!
By crimson2 on 02/22/13 09:56 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Liberty 4x4 over a year ago because I tore up my sports car in the winter of 2010/2011. I figured I would wait to see how things went before writing the review. My only issue to date was a ignition switch went out to the tune of 1300.00 as it and the steering column are one piece. No window issues, but seat stains are as described in the reviews. Nothing seat covers wont fix. Now for winter reliability.... This is where this thing shines!!!!! on 02/21/13 The KC area got about 7in of snow in 4 hours. Just about every other vehicle was on the side of the road, as I passed right on through unplowed streets, I felt like a Boss.... The clearance and part time 4wd took me everywhere!!!

Mixed Emotions
By maddogca on 01/02/13 19:36 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Mechanically, I haven't had one issue with the vehicle. The vehicle has never left me stranded and it has always sent me from Point A to Point B. I have never had a problem with the windows like many here mentioned and I have never had a problem with the electronics of the vehicle. My biggest issue is with the interior. Not only do the seats get uncomfortable after a while, but anything can stain the seats! And I mean ANYTHING! Pour water on them, and you have a nasty dark mark all over it. The gas mileage is also terrible on this vehicle. If I knew I was going to get such terrible gas mileage, I would've gotten a Grand Cherokee. Never getting a Liberty.

whats going on with my car!? please help
By mcvallee91 on 01/01/13 13:14 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr rwd for six months now, previously was used as lease and rental vehicle. since purchasing the vehicle, I have replaced the brake light housing, front right window, and motor and regulator to front driver side window. Just this evening my vehicle stalled on me. It is an automatic vehicle and I always change the oil just shy of 3,000 miles using mid grade oil. Anyone having similar problems? why is my car stalling?

Big Disappointment!
By paht on 06/12/12 15:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty with 29,000 miles in 2010. I had previously owned a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport and loved it so decided to trade up to the Liberty. What a disappointment! At 33,000 miles (just out of warranty) I had to replace the front drive shaft, all four windows have been replaced, the rear wiper doesn't work, the rear door latch comes apart every 5,000 miles and won't open till we take off the door panel and fix it, the front drive shaft is vibrating again (same as before we replaced it), the transmission doesn't shift properly, and we get a lousy 14 mpg. Our local dealer can't find anything wrong with it. I'll never own another Jeep!

IMO Best Compact 4x4 on the market
By jbusc on 05/01/12 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Liberty Limited all equipped with the 3.7 V6, automatic transmission and select-trac 4WD system. This Liberty is also equipped with factory navigation and a 6 disc CD changer. In my opinion the Liberty at least the 2002-2007 models are the most rugged compact SUVs available. Mine gets reasonable mpg's - 18+ overall and low to mid 20's highway. Much better than any of my Wranglers did. I find it very comfortable, and it meets my needs of a growing family perfectly. I find the styling attractive both inside and out. I love the heated leather seats and thoughtful touches such as the rear grocery bag hooks.

Worst buy ever
By mandalore04 on 03/16/12 05:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a great subaru for this vehicle (used) for a larger vehicle for my son and I. I had the vehicle less than 30 days and the electronics completely failed costing $600 in repairs. I still have issues after the repairs with the electrical aspect. The passenger side front and driver side rear window regulators have broken and I have had this vehicle for 3 months. Looking to trade it off for something else if I'm able to. I like the vehicle but I'm not happy with the quantity and price of all the repairs. I will never recommend another Jeep or Chrysler product to anyone, let alone by one myself.

I hold a record!
By libertysux on 12/01/11 07:54 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Liberty in 2007, and I currently hold the record at the dealership....14 times to fix the windows. The warranty covered the first 6 times or so, but when it expired I have to pay a "$100.00 for mfg ins.", then a year later I was told the Mfg will fix the windows until 2014. YAY? Six weeks ago I have all 4 windows replaced with "updated" parts meaning metal, well last week I took it in (time # 14) to have the back driver side fixed. My question is does someone have to get hurt before this problem is addressed, does a window have to fall out on the freeway and do damage to another, what, what will it take? Maybe a class action suite? there's a thought. HELP US!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.