Windows Suck
By jeepmadness on
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I bought a used one with 10,000 miles. I immediatley started having trouble with the windows. I paid a $100 deductable six times to have this problem fixed, and it has never been fully resolved. My back driver's side window is now being held up this a suction cup purchased at harbor freight for 5.99. The 5.99 suction cup has served me much better then anyone at Jeff Wyler, Ft. Thomas. I have yet to be reimbursed from Chrysler for my previous expenses and Jeff Wyler wants to charge me $80 to look at the problem to see if it will be covered by the extended warranty now offered due to the problem. Every window part should be included for this car due to the inconvenience. Don't buy the 2006!
Suggested Improvements
Better made window parts, bigger glove compartment.
By shicksy
on 01/26/12 08:24 AM (PST)

It sounds to me like you met a bad service department. I don't think you should take it out on jeep and their customers. You're comment tells people not to buy a vehicle just because you bought one that wasnt well kept, or properly maintained. not your fault or jeeps fault! it's how you were dealt with. all vehicles break!!!!!

By kinace
on 02/21/12 11:36 AM (PST)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new and I have the same problems with the windows regulators they are made out of plastic, this is not about how you deal with the car the brake very easy, same with the door handlers.

By jeepster100
on 06/20/12 06:46 AM (PDT)

I bought a brand new Jeep Liberty in 2006 and I have had nothing but trouble with the windows - and so has EVERYONE I know with a Liberty, without exception. After the warranty expired, when the back windows broke (again), I had them both deactivated for about $150. The irony is that I almost never opened those windows after they were replaced the first time, and they STILL broke on their own. The idea that failed windows are not a safety issue is insane and completely irresponsible. Since Chrysler took over, Jeeps have been nothing but cheaply made problems. In addition, my transmission completely died at 22,000 miles. Fortunately the car was still under warranty. I now have 48,000 miles on it and although I like to keep my cars running as long as possible, I will not be sorry to see this one go, which will happen when the next major issue arises. I had a '95 Grand Cherokee for the longest time and it ran great, but that's when GMC was building them. As long as Chrysler is running the show, I will not buy another Jeep. Because of this experience, my faith in them is shot.