2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Please stay away from this veh

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

2006 Jeep Liberty

Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Please stay away from this vehicle
By Andrew on

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I felt obligated to write a review when I saw the average rating for this vehicle was 8.2. At best this is a below average vehicle. At worst this ranks as one of the worst vehicles of all time. I feel I can provide an honest assessment since this is a company car and I am not tied to it financially. This was obviously an ill conceived car. I am 5’11”. On long trips my right leg cramps because the transmission housing protrudes too far laterally into the foot space. I get 20 mpg, which is bad for a small slow vehicle. The seats stain with water, seriously. There have been several recalls. Also, an odd "clicking" noise emanates from the from airbag area (dealer says this is normal).

Here are the pros: Good turning radius, some consider its exterior aesthetically pleasing, and leather steering wheel… yep that is it.

More comfortable seats, better cloth fabric, more lateral leg room for driver, better gas mileage, quieter interior, less bouncy ride, better instrumentation layout, better quality build, I could go on and on here... I cannot imagine what would make someone give this vehicle a "10" in any category.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review