2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Nice SUV if you do the PROPER

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Nice SUV if you do the PROPER window fix
By terryorr on

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 3.7 Sport 4WD with full knowledge that the window problem would occur and it did a few weeks after I bought mine. Instead of letting the dealership suck me dry of cash I purchased new steel window internal parts to replace the hideous stock plastic parts that will fail every month. Chrysler knows this but will never admit the parts are junk. Other than that and marginal gas mileage this Jeep does everything a Jeep should do. It pulls a 20' travel trailer, it's great off-road, looks good and feels like a real work SUV. People who complain about ride quality probably should have bought a car based SUV this Jeep rides firm and tough because it is built for work.

Toughness, Can do work and play that would kill any other small SUV. Jeeps get respect when they go off-road.

Correct the window fraud perpetrated on every owner of Jeeps (not just Liberty). Publish a realistic MPG rating. These vehicles suck gas because they are very heavy (serious 4WD gear needs to be heavy).
By amberlynanne
on 03/13/13 11:06 AM (PDT)

I'm looking to buy one myself, this was a very helpful post! If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to buy the steel ones and have them replaced?