Might just be a Lemon
By Wheeljack on
2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
I purchased this Jeep barely 8 months after it was originally purchased and I have had something break on it pretty much every 6 months. I have had to replace the spring tensioner on the fan belt, 2 rear window regulators, the linkage and park mechanism on the steering column, pressure valves etc. Its only 4 years old! It has been fun to drive but I am seriously disappointed with all of the repairs that I have had to make. I owned a Japanese car for 10 years and never ever had any trouble like this. All these repairs have cost me at least another year in car payments and I am absolutely disgusted with Chrysler's manufacturing and customer service regarding this product.
Favorite Features
Trail rated 4x4. Decent handling.
Suggested Improvements
Interior platic is all junk. Window Regulators are all faulty and should be recalled. Interior fabric is prone to staining. Prone to mechanical failure more than any other vehicle I have ever owned.
By nbuckley
on 04/18/11 12:11 PM (PDT)

I so Agree with you two!!! I've purchased a 06 Liberty i've had this truck less then a year engine light is on first I was told I need a new temp. control sensor, that didn't work the dealar said I needed a new computor now that doesn't work had the truck over 3 weeks an now telling me I may need a new battery and that if they put the battery in its 500 or are you kidding me!!! and what if that is not it..I can't keep putting money out there for there (maybe's) terrible buy trying to get out of it now!!

By robmirror
on 12/19/10 16:02 PM (PST)

I so Agree. You work hard buy a nice Jeep and they say that they have the best product out there... I have had my Jeep serviced 4 times. 2 times for a computer unit that controls all your lights. 2 time for the AC and it does not work again. The Heater fan only works on High! Now the rear end is shifting bad. This is my second Jeep and both I have had issues. Stay away from these...