Liberty Renegade Rocks!
By Norman C on
2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
We bought our Jeep Liberty 3 months ago and we love it. The Jeep is more comfortable on pavement than what some reviewers are saying, but this SUV really performs off-road. We've driven our Jeep on dirt roads, along trails, over tall grass and brush and on the beach. The tough 4x4 handled it all in stride and our 4 speed auto transmission is solid on road and off. The Renegade package makes it look tough and ready for anything, which we really liked. Unlike the other Liberty trims, the Renegade features a flatter hood without the rounded sides which makes it look more like a traditional Jeep. The bolted on fender look and mounted fog lamps adds to the ready for the offroad appearance.
Favorite Features
The off-road ability of this truck is amazing. I did my research here and elsewhere and all reviews say the same thing; this SUV is a real Jeep. I wouldn't dare to take an Escape, Mariner or RAV4 over the same trails I went on with my Liberty.
Suggested Improvements
The seats sit really high, which may make it uncomfortable for taller drivers. I'm 5'11" and fit OK, but a friend over 6'1" test drove a Liberty and found he had trouble seeing out from under the roof because he was up too high. Also, all terrain tires would be nice as optional equipment.