Keeps you up at night worrying
By Bill on
2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
Bought it new and put 37k miles on it, did all scheduled maintenance. Engine has sounded rough from the first day - should have been a sign to me. First problems were windows; drivers side window has fell into door twice and back passenger window fell once. Then a strange rattling noise began (it comes and goes). Every time it rains I find my seats with white stains on them, can not figure out how the water gets in and surprised how bad the stains are. Then at 35k the CHECK ENGINE light came on. All the VALVE SPRINGS needed to be replaced. After that was done car makes hissing noises. At 36k needed new tires. Getting rid of car at getting a more reliable brand so that I can sleep at night.
Favorite Features
I like the blue color that I got. Car has some pep and is easy to drive. Drives very well in snow.
Suggested Improvements
wow, there is alot to improve. Here goes.. Put in a Reliable Engine. Make so the windows do not fall into the doors all the time. The stereo speakers sound worse than my $5 pair of computer speakers, so spend a little more there. Deeper Glovebox, existing one useless for any storage. Lots more.