2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Jeep Liberty

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Review

Jeep Liberty
By bailey26 on

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years, in that time I have spent over 5,000 dollars just in repairs. The rear windows both have fallen off, that is about 350. each time. I have had the air conditioning, heat, transmission, misc electrical and switches fixed. The fabric that they use for the seats is horrid. It stains instantly, even if you drip water on it you cant get the stain out. The seats are uncomfortable and there is not much backseat room.

I do like the 4 wheel handling, it's great in the snow. It is fun to drive and turns on a dime.

Better built engine system, upholstery needs changing, fix the window problem. There just seems to be a need for quality control or rebuilding of the vehicle.
By ukbutterfly
on 03/03/13 11:23 AM (PST)

Don't know if you still have your Jeep, but I bought a new 2006 jeep liberty and still have mine. I had two windows break and had to pay to get repaired. Then a recall came out about the windows, so all were repaired and I got reimbursed. The fabric is absolutely awful, and yes, water stains it. This is from Jeep: "The cloth discoloration is due to an inert residue material (white in color) that has migrated to the surface of the cloth seat fabric. The water mark-like residue ring is the loose residue materia; puddling and then collecting together as the cloth seat material dries." Jeep's diagnosis: "If the customer experiences the above condition perform the Repair procedure: Dish Water Detergent. Clean sponge. Soft clean brush. Wet/dry shop vacuum." I have also had the air conditioning replaced. I have kept my jeep for this long because it's paid for.