I like the Liberty BUT have 2nd thoughts
By rettaman on
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased my 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4X4 in December of 2006 when my 2001 "Lemony Olds" Alero GLS (that's another review for another time) decided to die on me...and this particular Jeep Liberty with an awesome rebate caught my attention! Time for an SUV, huh? Anyway, within a couple of weeks of owning the Liberty, the left rear window's regulator went out and I had to get it replaced. The "new" regulator on the same door went out while on a road trip to Florida in January 2008. The gas mileage is not something to be thrilled about. I'm almost wanting to purchase another vehicle, but can't due to poor trade-in value of the Liberty. I like the Liberty, but there are second thoughts.
Favorite Features
Great on road trips...driven to Florida from North Carolina two times. Good towing capacity. Good head/foot room for driver and passengers. Comfortable. Ample cargo room behind back seats. External full- size spare tire. Decent looks. It's a Jeep! Good visibility over cars. Okay during rain.
Suggested Improvements
Too heavy of a vehicle for its gas mileage. I get 18 MPG overall and did get 22 MPG once or twice. I'm not impressed with the gas mileage. I'm also very dissatisfied with front cargo areas. The glove box is too small and it does not lock. The center console cargo bin is decent, but doesn't lock.