2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Great all around Performer

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Great all around Performer
By traceit on

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport here in Reno on 05-29-2006. It has great performance and handles great as well. It corners well, and has a lot of power for its size. I was impressed with its climbing abilities and the overall smoothness of the ride. It goes everywhere and is suitable for runs to the grocery store, taking the family to dinner as well as all of the outdoor activities that you expect a Jeep to be used for. The steering is a little numb (better keep an eye on the speedometer - you're going faster than you think!) and the 3.7 V-6 is a little thirsty at the pump, but it does have 210 HP and quick acceleration, so the trade off is well worth it. All in all, I give it 4.75 stars out of 5.

I like the look of the vehicle and I love how quick and responsive the engine is.

There are a couple of things that I would suggest that I think would improve it. They are: 1.The steering could have more feel to it. Many times I've thought I was doing no more than 70 mph, looked at the speedometer and was surprised to see that I was really doing 80+! 2. More leg room in front.